ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
What are you working on in your shop during this fiasco? Wood related or not.

:popcorn:
**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Been making things mostly for the shop. Been self isolating in my shop and been productive.
Working on a midi lathe stand.
20200326_182631.jpg
Made a whammer!
20200327_192420.jpg
made a hose real
20200321_193146.jpg
Tidied up an extension cord.
20200321_181303.jpg
Made some woodtick woodbutter.
20200321_144027.jpg
Finally unboxed the new midi lathe after five year. Warranty is now expired and I still havent used it, lol.
20200321_185717.jpg
Made a pull out tray for the spindle sander.
20200318_175116.jpg
Finished up the shoe cubby.
20200314_161159.jpg
The self isolation has been productive until I came down with something and got sick. I still dont think.its cv19 as I dont have a fever of any kind. something upper respiratory though. Hoping to feel better soon so I can get back in the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Currently working for a Nurse and Lawyer's Legal aide building pantry shelves and an archway in their very old house. Every thing is supposed to look like it's been there as long as the house, except for the shelves and standards. Just built a Cedar Door for the back exit to the room. Will build a couple cabinet doors for the TP hoarding cubby hole, and for the instant water heater. Tomorrow I'll finish the drywall texture hoping to make it look like 100 year old stucco, and then build the wall extension for the door I just built. I'll ask the nurse to email me the before and after pictures she's been taking.... Hopefully I can post a few here........... Jerry (in Tucson)

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been making things mostly for the shop. Been self isolating in my shop and been productive.
Working on a midi lathe stand.
View attachment 183290
Made a whammer!
View attachment 183291
made a hose real
View attachment 183292
Tidied up an extension cord.
View attachment 183293
Made some woodtick woodbutter.
View attachment 183294
Finally unboxed the new midi lathe after five year. Warranty is now expired and I still havent used it, lol.
View attachment 183295
Made a pull out tray for the spindle sander.
View attachment 183296
Finished up the shoe cubby.
View attachment 183297
The self isolation has been productive until I came down with something and got sick. I still dont think.its cv19 as I dont have a fever of any kind. something upper respiratory though. Hoping to feel better soon so I can get back in the shop.

Load up on vitamin C asap. Just in case. Like 3 times a day. at least 1500 mg or more.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I'm still working for now, but I think this might be my last week. My customers are restaurants and I'm down to a third of the amount I had before this started, I believe the company will shut down soon as we are losing millions nationwide.
In the Shop, I've been making small things in preparation of (hopefully) for the day when Craft Shows come back. Turning pinch bowls and making some of them into pincushions, some coffee scoops, small magnets. I believe these things will do better this year as people will be more thrifty out of necessity.

20200328_215626.jpg

20200329_091822.jpg

20200325_210154.jpg

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Earnestly trying to finish bowls that I rough turned up to 7 years ago, even salvaging one that flew off the lathe and broke. In house project, painting all interior doors that I've not painted before. Waiting for weather to clear before tacking never ending yard / landscaping projects. Plenty to keep me busy! Chuck

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
getting my Vitamin C in my breakfast scramble onions. Greenhouse duty yesterday- shop today- cutting poplar and maple burl. I thought we did this on sunday.......... oh it is sunday-nevermind.

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
I am working on a bowl I found roughed out in 2012. Also working on making more bee hives. I thought I had enough but I have been getting bee donations from friends. Also spend a lot of time sitting the porch watching the birds.

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
I've been working on projects that I'd started--some years ago--fr0m when I got to a point where what I wanted exceeded the skills or equipment that I had. Most are bowls or vessels of some sort. I'll post'em eventually
Other than that will be able to start putting wall on the shop addition since I have siding panels to repurpose--the coast house residing is coming along s l o w l y, Us older guys don't move as good as we use ta.
Will continue on weekends unless get orders not to go anywhere

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Got two interior doors to get hung and trimmed as well as the window framing on an exterior door to make. Today though was nice, so did some small burns of grass areas and a small wildflower plot. I need two weeks of cold rainy weather so I can finish interior projects before landscaping/gardening projects take over.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've started repainting the living room. It's needed a facelift for a while. I'm going to panel a wall to accent the room. The wife picked all the colors. So, there's not going to be any blaze orange. (insert sad face here)
I patched all the scrapes and dents in the wall. Tomorrow we paint!

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Working on my lamp,will have to order some parts for the sled so I can fix that and get them summerized finally. There are a few other small things like,cleaning and organizing the garage along with looking for wood for the challenge. I’m tired just thinking about it. Oh well off to work so I can take a nap.:sarcastic:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I tore down an old cabinet that was worn out and fed most of it to the stove. Found a bunch of carpenters in the wood vat by the stove. Must have brought them in with some loaded wood. Prepped 6 samples for finishing, but not finished. Been called out to cover for laid off employees for a few different employers, filling in here and there. So, been to busy to see much of the shop.