Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Update on my keen boots. Had them over a year and they are still going strong. I wear them everyday for work. Broke a lace the other day so I got new laces, soles have lots of life left in them. Great boots! When this pair finally wears out I'll buy them again, well worth the money and comfortable too!

Last edited:

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Update on my keen boots. Had them over a year and they are still going strong. I wear them everyday for work. Broke a lace the other day so I got new laces, soles have lots of life left in them. Great boots! When this lair finally wears out I'll buy them again, well worth the money and comfortable too!
Which style did you get Greg? I've been wearing Keen almost daily for about 5 years now and am only on my second pair.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I was too lazy to go looking, but since you posted a link, guess I can click that without too much stress to my system!:punish::cool:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I have 3 pair- summer- non insulated- fall spring- a little insulation and the cold weather boots- it has to bee cold to wear those, they really keep your feet dry and warm. I will replace my summer ones next sale I see. about 3 tough years on them- maybe 4.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends - steel-toed tennis shoes or steel toes leather lace-up boots.
I found some composite toe reeboks for work. Added different insoles and they've been soo comfy all day on concrete.

JD1137

Reaction score
First name
John
I've been wearing Keen sandals for about the last year during warm weather. They have enough leather across the tops I don't worry much about a tool rolling/hitting the top of my foot. I suppose it's possible bad things could happen, but.......... I like going without socks in warm weather when I'm wearing shorts/sandals and the Keens are really comfy. Yes, you gotta bang the chips out all the time when your done turning, but I'm used to it. I have leather slipon shoes for colder weather and always steel toe/leather Redwings when working with logs or chainsaw.

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
I wear my electrically-rated, non-slip ropers half the time, and Adidas sneakers the other half.
Historically I wore Danner combat boots or Justin western style. This last time up the Ariats with the mesh sides were on sale and I've been pleased with them.