ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
How many of you use small CNCs? What are your thoughts on yours, if you have one? And do you have any tips or pointers for those looking to get one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
And of course the :old: and the doc too....
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
I just bought a small one,i have it assembled but have not had it up and running yet.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I am not computer literate enough to run one I don't believe. I'm happy to have friends that do. To me, it's the same thing as owning a boat. Don't want one of my own, just access to people that do and will help me out!

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
I have a Shapeoko CNC mill that I love and I run a software program on it call VCarve Pro which works very well for me.
I use a program called Carbide 3D for the driver program that sort of marries it all together. My only tip would be that if you're
considering one, then think about what you want to do with it, how much will you use it, and how much you want to spend.
If you think you're gonna use it a lot, then get one with the largest bed you can afford. S4.JPG

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have never had a need for one or the desire to own one. I think I would have a use for a lazer before I would have a use for a cnc. But neither one is in my budget.