ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Does anyone go into their shop to visit their unfinished project when they're not working on it?

I saw this question on a FB page, and I was surprised at the number of answers they gave.

:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
The plot thickens, as they say. Why, by the way? Is it a soup metaphor?

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Quite often actually, I think I have 3 that I stare at from time to time, lol. I often just go into the shop and just sit there and procrastinate about them. I just like being in my shop whether I'm doing anything or not.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I often visit the mess and contemplate if I could comfortably burn more of the wood I have saved. I then sort through several pieces and often just put them back into the clutter. Then I work on cleaning up a few items from the bench vise area. That is where many things get piled to be broke down for recycling. Not common household items but things like chairs, TV's, VCR's, firewood with hardware, construction scrap with hardware, box lots of crap from clean-ups and so forth.

Yesterday I recycled 5 door mats, 3 pillows, one chair and one 3'x3 tall bar table along with some construction scraps.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I go to the Shop every day whether I'm working out there or not. If I don't I feel uncomfortable. I might just go out there and look around for 5 minutes, but I still go.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Any project that is progress, whether in the shop or in the garden gets routine visits. This exercise often stimulates ideas on how to improve or change things. Of course, sometimes it leads to rabbit holes that distract me from the projects! Chuck

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Often as the list grows. Some of it is lack of confidence of jumping in or taking the next step. The rest is procrastination......, some is actually prioritizing, but more of the former.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
Welp, what everyone else has said saves me a bunch of typing so I will keep my answer short and to the point.....yes

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
I certainly do! Sometimes, just holding an unfinished project in my hands is motivational in all sorts of ways. It's just a happy place to be, my workshop.