• Woodbarter Hats Are Available!!! Scroll down on the main page to the Member Activities & Site Support, Then click on Wood Barter SCHWAG and go to the topic Woodbarter Hats 2022 to order your hat. There's only a limited quanity, so don't wait to get yours.

Question Of The Week... (2022 week 25)

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
How and where do you store your larger tools that you don’t use often?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
Who’s the more foolish: the fool or the fool who does business with him?

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I have a storage shed with stuff for my shop (of the future) stacked poorly with radial arm saw, bandsaw, shaper, and other cool things that I just have to have. Interpacked with her projects. Mainly chairs. Stuffed chairs that need reworked, dining chairs that need seats, and rocking chairs that could use a refurbishing of some sort or another

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Where ever there is a clear spot. Hopefully the tool doesn't have a large table surface because it would get loaded up and then disappear. .......... Jerry (in Tucson)

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
My shop is in the basement, all of my stationary tools ae on wheels or will be. I still have to make a couple of mobile bases. I wheel them out when needed and push them back when done. Other tools that are in cases like laser levels, sawzalls, etc get stored in a closet that's under the basemen stairs. The closet is kinda unruly right now, open the door, throw a tool in, and shut the door befor stuff falls out. Lol, it's not really that bad but it's close.

Last edited:

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
My "shop" is my driveway so like others have said, everything is on wheels. I have figured out a storage arrangement that minimizes moving one thing to get to another, which makes it a little easier.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
All over my entire garage,on the floor,workbench and anywhere else I can put it,well except where it belongs.

Last edited: