ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
What is the most hated tool that you own?

:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
And of course the :old: and the doc too....
I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sanding pole for sanding sheetrock over your head... no way you are getting out with any part of you clean!
I absolutely hate that too. I am so glad I do not have to use that stupid pole ever again at work. (at home, well, most likely have to again at some point in the future.)

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to say my most hated tool is a tie between the table saw and planer....both are way too noisy for me. (Yes they're old)

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
This is a tough question for me as I dont really have any tools that I hate. In the past if I had a tool that I really dont like I'd either set it on the curb on garbage day for someone else to salvage it or give it away. For me the thing that comes to mind are cheap portable router tables and or routers. I've given away a few and I'm about to get rid of the one I have now. I still use it when needed but I absolutely hate it, not so much for the table but for the router that's in it. It's a craftsman and the height adjustment is a p.i.t.a. to use and now the arbor lock has broken on it so I have to stick something in the hole to get the nut loose. Time to get another router for the table and pitch it.

Last edited:

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
In general, any tool that is broken or in need of repair! Down time is really a killer to production, and takes the wind out of your sails! Chuck

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
I had this car battery jumper cable thing. Not sure where we got it - might have belonged to our parents and we inherited it when they stopped driving. Anyway, it sat behind the seat in my truck for years, making me feel all comfortable and secure I could jump a dead battery if / when I needed to. Well, last week the battery in my wife's Subaru died. So I said "no worries, I'll jump it and then take it down and get a new battery". That stupid jumper cable thing worked as well as a rubber nail. It's no longer.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
A really bad face vise. It's always in the way and barely works, but it's the only working vise I have. What's really bad is I've got the hardware for a sliding tail vise and a leg vise for my bench, but the lathe is sitting on my bench and taking up all the space......

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
It is usually the one that just slipped and busted my knuckles. It takes a few minutes,sometimes,to find said tool again.