ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
What is on your woodworking bucket list?
(But just haven't got the time to make it yet.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:drinks:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
Nothing earth shattering, but I want to make a hammerschlagen, and a stumpfiddle.

duncsuss

Trying to turn a little better each day
Reaction score
First name
Duncan
If I ever get the time, I'd like to turn blanks closer to the rate at which I accumulate them.

(I doubt I'll ever manage to reduce the stockpile, but slowing down the rate at which it grows would be a beautiful thing :greeting:)

duncsuss

Trying to turn a little better each day
Reaction score
First name
Duncan
Nothing earth shattering, but I want to make a hammerschlagen, and a stumpfiddle.
I had to look up both of these - that stumpfiddle looks to be something that could evoke strong reactions (in either direction :sarcastic:)

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
Previous bucket list was to build a dream shop and was completed 2011. New bucket list is to enjoy it for a very long time.

Fsyxxx

Sawdust manufacture, shop destroyer
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Make a chess set completely from scratch.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Finish the 3rd and then the 4th guitar. Also have an idea for a side table from some ambrosia maple, waiting on the leg boards.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Noty in any particular order. A Malloof style rocker, a new workbench, and maybe a couple Morris chairs for the living room. And now that I got a hollowing rig from @Courtland step up my hollowing game and get better at it. Or should I say learn.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Ditto the Maloof Rocker, already have the templates/plans, but just haven't found the time.

Maybe after we all get rich and retire, @woodtickgreg , @Tony and I will all get together and make a bunch of rockers. I know all three of us have mentioned wanting to make one.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Ditto the Maloof Rocker, already have the templates/plans, but just haven't found the time.

Maybe after we all get rich and retire, @woodtickgreg , @Tony and I will all get together and make a bunch of rockers. I know all three of us have mentioned wanting to make one.
Retirement and rocking chairs are slightly related :sofa:

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
I had to look up both of these - that stumpfiddle looks to be something that could evoke strong reactions (in either direction :sarcastic:)
We actually had a stumpfiddle contest this summer in town. Prize was a brand new stumpfiddle. Loads of fun and beer drinkin.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
The list is long, and includes many things new and challenging. Moving and building my shop has taken about 2 years, so there is a lot of pent up creativity just waiting to get back underway. More complex cutting boards, hollow forms, and pepper mills are on the list, as are book shelves, a computer desk, and carts for the workshop. Like @Jonkou , I would like to stay healthy enough to enjoy woodworking for many years to come. Chuck

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Immediate project is to get my Shop where I can actually do something in it, it's worse than @ripjack13 right now. Like @trc65 said, a Maloof rocker has been on there forever, the group build sounds like a great idea! We should at least all go to TN and take a class with Charles Brock. Also, I've wanted to do casting for some time now. Bought a setup this weekend so that's a thing for the near future.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Not to sound like a broken record, but a Maloof style rocker in curly __________! A wooden fly rod. A wooden fly reel, and a RC sailboat modeled after a cup contender. Among many other things!