ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
For the tech-savvy crowd, Who are your go-to YouTubers to get ideas for projects and/or test your skills? Is there anyone you’d like to give a shout-out to or recommend we follow?

:drinks:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement,
primates, woodticks, wood spinners, and leprechauns are welcome to post an answer.
The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scotts as a joke, but the Scotts haven't seen the joke yet.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
wow....a stumper question. :ponder:
For what it's worth I don't use YouTube for inspiration, sometimes for how to. Inspiration for me usually comes from something I need or saw. It seems like most larger projects involve new techniques and skills challenge.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
I'm in the same line as Greg. When I use You Tube, it's always because I'm trying to figure out a specific problem or need. I never go there to just browse around. With the exception I suppose of that I check out Kenbo's videos every week.

Last edited:

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Like others not necessarily used for inspiration but sometimes it is, or at least an idea to build skills. Found one guy I kept trying to go back to and he gets so far into a demo and he loses my interest. I won’t mention his name. A person I am enjoying is Carl Jacobson. Enjoy he’s projects and his skills. Even more, I enjoy his demeanor.

Last edited:

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Clem’s Mississippi pine and oak channel

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Yeah, I don't really watch any woodworking channels on YouTube. I use YouTube to listen to music, occasionally watch some sort of video for entertainment, or as a way to look up how to do something.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I don't follow anyone, but I have looked in on a couple fellows from time to time. Blacktail studio has a few ideas for table bases that are neat.
Kevin Desplanques on Facebook makes some beautiful laminated furniture.
I haven't found him on any woodworking sites yet so I can't say where to look.
But most of my ideas come out of my weird mind and wander their way into reality a tiny little bit at a time. I will sometimes look up different ways to accomplish my weird ideas.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I use the heck out of youtube, but like most have said, don't follow any specific person/channel. Being a self taught turner, I relied on it heavily getting started

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Michael Hosaluk has some stuff on YouTube. Michael is super and has been to our club twice. I scheduled him the third time for March 2020 but Covid caused us to cancel. He s a fan favorite at our club. He has an awesome DVD.

JonathanH

Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
Phil Anderson on YouTube is entertaining and always pleasant. He enjoys the process and turns some nice pieces.