Question Of The Week... (2023 week 5)

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Yep, you're one of 3 required stops. There's a corner in Winslow, AZ i'd like to stand on--just for a few minutes. The other stop is convenient--while in Winslow i figure i might as well spend a night at Earl's Rt 66 Motor Court, and get my picture taken under their sign. Just seems like the most important things to do in AZ.
earl
I can post a picture of that corner if you would like, or I can post it here.... Lemme know......... Jerry (in Tucson)

JonathanH

Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
More often than not 2-4 wood purchases per month. Most from this site. Some free wood is picked up or given to me occasionally. We weren't counting free wood were we?

JonLanier

Reaction score
First name
Jon
If it is flatwork, I'll buy or barter wood. If I'm turning, I usually have enough wood to make something. I will buy pen blanks made with half wood half acrylic that guys do in a pressure pot. I don't do that sort of thing and I like the look.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Let's see it Jerry. I've heard about this corner all of my life.
I've been looking for the album it's in. So, haven't had any luck. I'll find it one of these days.
I've hunted Elk just south of Winslow 7 times, so go into town at least once each time for supplies, or just gasoline. The corner Winslow uses to denote the famouse "Corner" isn't the corner I have invisioned for the last 50 years, but it is a street corner in Winslow. It's funny how while on the hunt, I'm in a very wooded forest with 100 foot Ponderosa Pines, but 15 miles later surrounding Winslow, the tallest natural things growing is just about 2-3 feet high bushes and an unlimited view of flat land. ......... Jerry (in Tucson)

JonathanH

Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
I've been looking for the album it's in. So, haven't had any luck. I'll find it one of these days.
I've hunted Elk just south of Winslow 7 times, so go into town at least once each time for supplies, or just gasoline. The corner Winslow uses to denote the famouse "Corner" isn't the corner I have invisioned for the last 50 years, but it is a street corner in Winslow. It's funny how while on the hunt, I'm in a very wooded forest with 100 foot Ponderosa Pines, but 15 miles later surrounding Winslow, the tallest natural things growing is just about 2-3 feet high bushes and an unlimited view of flat land. ......... Jerry (in Tucson)

Now I have a nice picture in my head of a beautiful forest of Pine trees. Might need to see a picture of that also. :foto:

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Now I have a nice picture in my head of a beautiful forest of Pine trees. Might need to see a picture of that also. :foto:

Hey Man, Arizona holds the record for having the largest Ponderosa Pine Forest in North America if not the world. At least that's what I learned in 1972 at Jacob Lake, AZ. The North Rim is covered with PP's. but they also grow in most mountain ranges throughout the state. .............. Jerry (in Tucson)