Question Of The Week... (2023 week 6)

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
This habit is every bit as addicting as woodworking, and just as costly. The difference is that in the end you get a cool piece of machinery to work with in the shop.

100% agreement there! The machines can usually be had cheap. But the paint, bearings, belts, new wiring, replacement parts for anything broken or missing, etc. all can add up real quick! I don't think my wife would really like to know how much money I have into getting this saw to where it is now. I mean, the saw was the cheap part - only cost me $25! But, it's got the cool factor and someday I'll pass it down to my boys.

I have a special affinity for machines made by Sprunger Brothers, who made machines in Indiana from after WWII until about 1984. It's pretty cool having machines that have your last name on them. About a month ago I had to pass on one of my quest machines - a machine I really want - the older style Sprunger Brothers 14" bandsaw. It was only an hour away and was being sold for a very good price. But I just didn't have the time to go get it, nor the space to put it anywhere right now. Still kicking myself over passing on it... But I also have a 14" Delta w/ riser block (vintage 1946) and a 10" Sprunger in the shop already, as far as bandsaws go...

JonLanier

Reaction score
First name
Jon
I will soon be setting up my workshop, so I don’t have anything set up yet. There will be shelving, for sure. Then I will probably build a couple of mobile cart units. I do have a small pegboard in what will be my finishing room, off the garage. Chuck
Something I learned from my dad, is to always put a tray all the way along the bottom of the peg board. If you drop something, it could catch it. And more space to put stuff. Check out my pictures from above. for a tray.