Questions for Shop Fox W1716 Aluma-Classic fence owners

V. Kelly Bellis

Reaction score
First name
Vance
Hello Shop Fox W1716 Aluma-Classic fence owners!

As you are already keenly aware of, the manual for the W1716 (& W1720) could be improved upon, and as I await until mid-September for delivery, I'm trying to prepare my Craftsman 113.29901 table saw for this much needed upgrade to its old (original) fence.

1) Could you please tell me if there is a direct email address to Woodstock Inc. technical support?

Earlier I wrote Woodstock customer support asking for a detailed drawing (i.e., shop drawing) of the two rails and they replied no, they didn't have a drawing; however, I'm not certain the response actually originated from tech support.

After studying the manual for the Shop Fox W1716 Aluma Classic (w1716_m.pdf), and realizing there isn't enough information given to determine what the standard rear fence rail bracket dimensions are for the Shop Fox W1716. I also need the dimensions of the standard rear fence rail bracket's hole locations to make certain I get the cast iron table top properly drilled, and if need, tapped.

2) Could you please provide dimensions for the rear rail (standard length, not the long rails of the W1720)?

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Kind regards,

Kelly

--
V. Kelly Bellis, PLS (retired)
17 Union Street
Ellsworth, ME 04605