Quote Boxes Without Quotes

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Is it just me, or do your quotes not show quotes sometimes? It seems like about half the time I quote someone in a reply, the quote box itself appears in my post, but there's no text in it. Even if i click the box nothing drops down. I just started noticing it a couple of days ago. Anyone else?

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Is it just me, or do your quotes not show quotes sometimes? It seems like about half the time I quote someone in a reply, the quote box itself appears in my post, but there's no text in it. Even if i click the box nothing drops down. I just started noticing it a couple of days ago. Anyone else?

Just tried it and it works like it always does for me??

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
This will be the quotiest thread ever

Occasionally if I start typing really fast after hitting reply it won't load the quote for a second or two and then I've typed nonsense. Are you clicking the Quote button or the reply button?

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
s it just me, or do your quotes not show quotes sometimes? It seems like about half the time I quote someone in a reply, the quote box itself appears in my post, but there's no text in it. Even if i click the box nothing drops down. I just started noticing it a couple of days ago. Anyone else?

Nope - Haven't had any issues

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Me neither....but....Are you clicking the Quote button or the reply button?
If you hit the Quote button you bring up a pop up box that has the quotes in there you can choose from...

Also wondering...is it just happening on your phone or on the pc too?

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I have noticed that a couple of times myself... but I just figured I screwed it up somehow..

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is what I'm talking about. There;s the quote box but nothing in it. Is Tony's quote there for anyone else?

notext.jpg

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
This is what I'm talking about. There;s the quote box but nothing in it. Is Tony's quote there for anyone else?

View attachment 79377

Well, there's a period in there. I think Henry was trying to be amusing.

You do have to be careful - Pressing the Quote button brings up a dialog that you can select what you want to quote. Pressing the Reply button starts the reply with the quote in it.

Perhaps you're hitting the Quote button but not selecting a quote to insert?

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, there's a period in there. I think Henry was trying to be amusing.

You do have to be careful - Pressing the Quote button brings up a dialog that you can select what you want to quote. Pressing the Reply button starts the reply with the quote in it.

Perhaps you're hitting the Quote button but not selecting a quote to insert?

Lol does anyone really think I don't know how to use the most rudimentary functions of my own forum, especially the add ons I installed. Don't answer that.

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry

View attachment 79377
Sorry, Kev, that was me. I actually tried to create a blank box, but had to include a character to vet the box to appear. The software would hide the box when only spaces and carriage returns were included.

MattW

Server Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I'm just testing, and it's working as expected on my REALLY slow connection at the minute.