Tony
That's some gorgeous walnut!!! Nacogdoches isn't that far away....... Tony

Cousinwill

Reaction score
First name
William
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, super nice walnut .
Was wondering how to hold a short log to cut cookies.
Nice mill, how are you liking it?
I love the mill and don’t have any complaints, other than I wish it was bigger sometimes. For the price and size I think it’s a good mill.
On this short log I didn’t have to hold it down. The weight of the log was enough. I’ve done others and have tried several different methods including building a frame around the base of the log to hold it in place. Also I’ve screwed the log down onto a board under the log. The board is attached to the mill with clamps . If the log is fairly square on the bottom the entire process works better !!

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Great pics, love the smell of walnut too! Nice mill, a couple things I always like about the Norwoods is that they do just bolt together and if a part of the bed should get damaged it is easy to replace. I also like how the saw dust exits on the side opposite of the operator. I like how their mills ship on a pallet and you have to put them all together, the good part about that is you really know your mill after assembling it. And they are upgradeable if you ever want to. They are quite the bargain for the money actually. I do like the EZ Boardwalk 40 as well, another great bargain mill with a big capacity.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
I thought it was cold here !! We are super warm compared to you !! I think if I was you I might have to wait a few days to mill anything !!
And that was almost noon after it warmed up some, we always get some below 0 but it is holding on this year.