Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Recipe box

Discussion in 'Box Makers' started by Kenbo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Ken
    I was in between projects and I thought that I would whip up this little recipe card box for my wife. I got tired of seeing that cheap plastic thing lying around in the kitchen and thought that I would make one to replace it. After all, if I am willing to complain about it, I better be willing to do something about it. Bottom line is that Mrs Kenbo loves it. I get the feeling that I will be making more of these.

[attachment=4675]

[attachment=4676]

[attachment=4677]

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

2. DKMD

DKMD Sawbones Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    David
    I'm so glad my wife doesn't have an account here!:secret:

That's a neat looking box… Can you tell us a little more about the top of the piece and the handle?

3. Kevin

Kevin Wood is good. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Kevin
    Uh yeah. I get the feeling you will too. Ken that is so beautiful. You can sell as many of those as you want to make I bet.

Even woodworkers buy other woodworker's stuff because most of us (unless we're retired) don't have time to make everything we want. That's really beautiful Ken great job. Fantastic work as usual.

:good:

4. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Ken

Thanks for the compliment. There's really not much to tell. I wanted something a little different for the lid. A friend of mine makes some really great boxes with these handles that almost look like boat cleats. I asked him if he would mind if I borrow his idea and modify it to come up with my own version. The handle is my version of his work. I like the fact that the handle is not parellel to the sides. Something a little different to make it stand out from other recipe boxes.

5. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    Really nice kenbo! I especially like the little scrolling on the front, nice touch. Do tell about the lid and handle.

6. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    Kenbo, Nice box- I love the handle .:yipee::yipee:

7. DKMD

DKMD Sawbones Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    David
    I like it as well! It is, as you say, different… The fact that it sits a little off kilter makes the piece even more interesting!:clapping::clapping:

8. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    HA HA! Posted at the same time! Funny, thanx

9. BarbS

BarbS Member Full Member

First name:
    Barb
    Very nice, Ken. You just 'whipped that up', did you? Scrolled out the cursive label for the front and everything. You make it all sound so easy! It looks wonderful. I'm sure she does like it!

Current Time: 1:11 AM