- Reaction score
- First name
Okay guys, its time for a Pen Turners Box Pass!!
This particular pass will be a small flat rate box containing 20 pen blanks.
If your not familiar with a box pass, basically, the first guy in line fills a box and mails it to the next guy. The next guy takes what he wants from the box, replaces the items with some of his own and sends it on to the next guy. The last guy in line sends it back to the first guy and that completes the circle and ends the pass.
Here's my simple rules to keep it fair for everyone participating.
1. Use a USPS small flat rate box.
2. Participants should live in the Continental U.S., Alaska or Hawaii to keep the costs to a minimum for shipping purposes. I don't feel it would be fair for one or two folks to have to pay international shipping while the rest of us are paying a couple few bucks.
3. Members must have at least 100 posts, be able to post pictures, and you need a picture as your avatar to participate. I really dislike the cheesey stock avatars, and this let's us know you're able to upload a picture as well.
4. When you receive your package, you must post an in focus and clear picture of the contents.
Please do not post pics of the contents that you ship to the next guy, only what you received.
5. Take as few or as many blanks as you like but you must replace with the same number of blanks so there is always 20 blanks going to the next person.
6. The blanks you add to the box must be of at least equal value to the blanks you take out. Now, I don't expect anyone to set down and research blank value or anything. Just don't remove a higher end burl or something similar and toss in a plain maple blank. Remember, your posting a pic of the contents that you receive and the next guy is going to post pics of the box when he/she gets it, so we will know what you took out and what you put in. This is suppose to be fun, please don't ruin it by using this to get rid of your junk. The blanks you add need to be something you would want to receive or would buy.
7. The blanks should be labeled with their ID to the best of your knowledge. Not all of us are wood I.D. guru's just yet!! And please, no more than 2 of one species.
8. When the final list is posted, Start a conversation with the person you will be sending the box to and ask for their shipping address. Please do this before you receive the box so that when you do get it, you can get it shipped back out in a timely fashion. If we run into a problem with someone not responding to the conversation's, we'll just skip them and move on to the next person.
9. The blanks must be WOOD!!! I know, I know, lots of pen turners like to turn acrylic, stone, etc. and that's fine. This however is the Wood Barter site so were only going to deal with wood here. If you make segmented blanks and use other materials in your blanks with the wood, that's fine as long as it is mostly wood. The wood must be dried and turn-able, Try to keep the pen blanks close to 3/4" X 3/4" X 5" so that twenty (20) blanks will always fit in the box
10. Anything involving this box pass including the pics of the contents you receive should be posted to this thread. Please don't start a new thread to post your pics. We don't want to clutter the site when it can all be contained here.
Those involved in this pass, pay attention to your PM's and stay tuned to this thread for pics as it makes its way across the country and back a few times!! This could take about a month or so to get through everyone so be patient.
I think that just about covers the rules. If you think I have missed something, please let me know.
Were going to cut this off at fifteen (15) participants and randomize everyone. If you meet the minimum qualifications and want to participate, just post here in this thread.
Please keep this fun guys and play by the rules. If you don't play by the rules you will not be allowed to participate in any future box passes, at least one's started by me.
We have a great group of folks here though and I don't think we'll have any problems.
Let's get a box packed and ready to go to the P.O. We just need some participants!!
Allrightie folks....here tis.
Start a conversation with the person you will be sending the box to and ask for their shipping address. Please do this before you receive the box so that when you do get it, you can get it shipped back out in a timely fashion.
3. Karl 99
6. Don Ratcliff
9. Lou Courrier
10. Jerry B
There were 17 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Here as follows is the list of who you send the box to...
- @[S]Don Ratcliff[/S]
- @[S]Jerry B[/S]
- @[S]Lou Currier[/S]
- *** EDITED TO ADD IN CALUMET WOODWORKS.***
- @Karl_99 , please pm Keith..^^^^ and not Matt, (sprung)