Rockin out.... hard rock n heavy metal...

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
I do not know for which y'all are speaking of. Are any of those guys related to George, Waylon, Kris, or Willie. I guess I exist in a small world - only hea v metaphor know about is fishing sinners and muscle ca rs!
I love Willie Nelson. An American Musical Icon and legend. Love Waylon Jennings too. James Burton another guitar icon- guitarist for Elvis. We can walk down this genre and won’t have a problem with it............Roy Orbison, Roy Buchanan, Johnny Cash, Chet Atkins, Danny Gatton.....

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
But I do like a contrast in the take of the song from the original. This is one of my favorite song with a different take. Sorry Trent, but Johnny Cash’s version made this his. This is as good of a reiteration I have heard from the original.

NIN:

Johnny Cash:

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
My “chugging days” are over (20 plus years exited) and I use to have a Soldano Hot Rod rig that goes up to volume 11 that I crank up with a 2x12 green back, closed back- it is a Marshall on steroids. But, now and then I still enjoy this once I awhile.......

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I don't know many more but did have a few beers with Tom T. Hall and Dixie, used to eat lunch with Eddie Arnold, was unsuccessful selling our services for Ray Stevens New theater, T G Shepard likes my tamales, and Barbara Mandrel and her husband taught me the rules of hockey. For little Mikey the only good use for music was doing the two-step to. In years past in Texas, we held our wimmen very close when we danced!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:redcard:

Post up the songs you slackers!!!!

:sarcastic:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
This...this is my favorite a7x song....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
When I used to set up the stages for ozfest years ago, I met one of the coolest, most down to earth singers ever. He was at the fooz ball table and I was walking by it when the ball shot out and landed in front of me. He insisted it was an omen and that the gods insisted I play. My boss was next me and shrugged, "one game" then we gotta go...

David was a cool dude....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
My “chugging days” are over (20 plus years exited) and I use to have a Soldano Hot Rod rig that goes up to volume 11 that I crank up with a 2x12 green back, closed back- it is a Marshall on steroids. But, now and then I still enjoy this once I awhile.......

Most bands: okay we got 5 solid riffs, let's stretch em over 10 songs.

Periphery: I got 10 solid riffs, is that good enough for one song? Yeah, but we should layer it with some sweet orchestral stuff just to be sure.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Progressive metal is such a wide genre, but I really like the vibe of this group “System of a Down:

AND

Don’t judge my music taste just on these example alone as I have wide range of genre that I play and listen to from classical, jazz, blues, r&b, funk, soul, reggae, rock, metal, pop and yes hip hop......everything else in between.

Don't think I ever saw either video but had been paid to sing both songs several times at various establishments....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
This whole album is rocking. Good ol screamfest with melodic harmonies.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
And
Don't think I ever saw either video but had been paid to sing both songs several times at various establishments....
you sang em?

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
^a Latin version of those songs would sound killer. Karaoke nights destroys a lot of peoples singing ambitions.

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
You don’t have to be a fan of 1980’s hard rock or heavy metal music scene to appreciate this film. IMHO, this is one of the best music documentary made that is both entertaining, heartbreaking, heart warming, inspiring, uplifting and you will find yourself rooting for these “underdogs” to get to that places that they always have been dreaming of.

Last edited:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
When I used to set up the stages for ozfest years ago, I met one of the coolest, most down to earth singers ever. He was at the fooz ball table and I was walking by it when the ball shot out and landed in front of me. He insisted it was an omen and that the gods insisted I play. My boss was next me and shrugged, "one game" then we gotta go...

David was a cool dude....