Saicos

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Most of my usual finishes are either used up or solidified so I started looking for more. However, on the advice of my big-purdy-west coast-wood friend who sells a lot of really expensive rustic furniture, I bought some of the Saicos finishes. I like what it does for him and his furniture. Anybody know anything more or have any negatives about it?

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Never heard of it, had to look it up. Looks interesting....those Germans make good stuff, tell us how it goes...

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Like Barry I had to do the Google thing. It sounds much like Osmo Polyx Oil, which is also a plant based German product. I used Osmo on a stool. After about 18 months I think I need to reapply several coats where it did not wear well and there are worn spots. Osmo says it’s made for floor and furniture use I would expect it should wear better.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Think I saw it offered at the Hearne Hardwood open house. But I have gallons of Minwax many years old, inside and outside that still work surprisingly fine.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Most of my usual finishes are either used up or solidified so I started looking for more. However, on the advice of my big-purdy-west coast-wood friend who sells a lot of really expensive rustic furniture, I bought some of the Saicos finishes. I like what it does for him and his furniture. Anybody know anything more or have any negatives about it?
Which ones did you buy?

Eagerly awaiting some reviews.....

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought three types Hard Wax Oil High Gloss and Hard Wax Oil Matt (that is what my furniture friend uses) and Ground Oil Extra Thin. Did not get the hardener, since they "dry" in only a few hours. I've only used the matt and only on a couple of small blocks for my wife to be used for stands. So nowhere near a good review yet, but if my friend's pieces are any indication! It must embarrass him having to ask me to not caress his furniture - at least not in public! He keeps a spray bottle of it thinned down handy so wood buyers can spray the rough wood to make the grain pop - and it does. DANGED - I getting the wood DT's - might have to go visit him at lunch and get a fix! I guess the Ground Oil, I am particular excited about it - says it is good for exotics, supposedly gets better penetration and should really make the grain pop and seems to give it more depth! Someday soon, I will do a side by side comparison with other oil type finishes.

Last edited: