Sanding Caps

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Or this. Problem with this one is you are limited on the shank sizes, but if you're doing 1/2" holes, that shank is available. .........Jerry (in Tucson)

1605369416506.png

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Problem is that the hole is 1/2" across. Can't cram a larger sanding pad into the hole without damaging the edge of the hole. Need a smaller solution. Chuck
High speed and a very sharp bit of some sort that leaves a clean cut. I have the burr pictured above, and my drill press has a pretty high speed. I'll test it and give you my take on it's performance. ........... Jerry (in Tucson)

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
On another note how deep are you making the holes. I need to make a couple gameboards for Jokers & Marbles

@Tony I think that would work - gonna remember that
This project for me is for the same game! Holes are nearly as deep as wide, so about 3/8". Chuck

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Have you tried something like this?? Your drill press would have to be precise, or the hole might get out of round if there is any kind of wobble. ............. Jerry (in Tucson)View attachment 196123View attachment 196123
I did my test with the 1/2" burr I have. Unless you have a pilot hole already drilled, this will burn as you get deeper. The cut seems to be good, but the waste builds up in the goove and causes it to burn. This one is NFG........... Jerry (in Tucson)

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Nothing yet. I did bookmark the Web site for the abrasive balls. I really need to follow up on this. Thanks for pinging me. Chuck