• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Sanding Sealer Question

Johnturner

Proud Member
Reaction score
First name
John
OK For the first time in my young life, I am using sanding sealer as I hope it is intended to be used. I am dealing with a shallow dish, after scraping and sanding I am getting the usual tear out at end grain. So I took it off the lathe and put sanding sealer on the tear out areas. Tomorrow I will remount it and sand away the tear out and have a silky smooth finish. Yes?

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Depending on how bad the tear out is, it might take more than just sanding, but let us know how it goes...

Johnturner

Proud Member
Reaction score
First name
John
Well cut off my legs and call me shorty - that sanding sealer stuff is pretty neat. 90% tear out was taken care of with sanding. A little more sealer and I'm good to go.
PS
Chuck just tear out
Guy neat tip.

Karda

Reaction score
First name
Mike
that use for sanding sealer is good to know, i have never used it that way, Ill have to try that thanks