Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
This is my most ambitious scroll project yet, It is aprox 21" wide. My scrollsaw is only 18", didn't relize that untill I started the project and then realized that I would not be able to complete it:shok: One of our members who I have become friends with, slicksquegee, has a dewalt scrollsaw and he let me borrow it to complete the project:good2: Woods are maple sides and walnut bottom and handle. finish is minwax polycrylic in a rattle can. The wife claimed this one too.

woodworking-and-shop-024.gif

woodworking-and-shop-025.gif

woodworking-and-shop-027.gif

woodworking-and-shop-029.gif

SlickSqueegie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Matthew
This piece is amazing! absolutely amazing. Thanks for raising the bar even higher! you suck! I cant find the "not worthy" smiley. :sorry:

Great work Greg!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Greg. Wow. Just wow. I don't see many scroll projects that make me want to get a scroll saw, but this one, along with several of Kens, well yes I could get into that.

On second thought, it's pieces like this that keep from getting a scroll saw. I look at it and think Nah. Ain't got the time to develop that level of skill. Those kerf lines give it so much more character than if it were just the outlines of the pattern.

Thanks for posting all these excellent projects. And thanks slicksqueegie for loaning him your saw. :good:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
VERY VERY Nice. I can see why the wife decided it was hers. I am afraid that if you keep putting out perfection like that you might have to add on to the house for her collection.:good::yipee:

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Very very nice work. Great veining, nice smooth curves. You have talent my friend. Definite talent.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys for all the kind words, I've never been recognized for my work, feels good:biggrin: What I like about scrolling is the relaxing factor, like kenbo I can come home from work and go down to the shop and scroll for a hour or two and then walk away cleansed. I can just pickup where I left off, kevin give it a try it's great therapy!

CodyS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
another brilliant work of art! I think you are definitely going to have to be nagged for pics more often!:good2:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
This piece is no more :cray: Cats where playing in the house and chasing each other and it got knocked off the piano, million pieces, shattered like glass. Oh well, someday if I get a bigger scroll saw maybe I'll make another one with some different woods.:dunno:
Bummed me out for sure :sad: can't be mad at the cats, they where just playing.

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
Greg - Wow. I dont know what to say. I was (and still am) so impressed by all the detail that went in to that. Looking at the cuts and how you would have to go about them, then looking at the repetition and the consistency in the repetition, I am blown away. I have to ask how many hours in it?
Then I get to the last post .... :cray::cray::cray: about the cats....
Dont know what to say man... You handled it better than I would have. :cray::blush::naughty2:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
NYWoodturner said:
Greg - Wow. I dont know what to say. I was (and still am) so impressed by all the detail that went in to that. Looking at the cuts and how you would have to go about them, then looking at the repetition and the consistency in the repetition, I am blown away. I have to ask how many hours in it?
Then I get to the last post .... :cray::cray::cray: about the cats....
Dont know what to say man... You handled it better than I would have. :cray::blush::naughty2:
I don't know how many hours, worked on it a little everyday after work and on the week ends.
I believe you would handle it the same. I know you love your dogs and if one of them broke something you would still love them. I made the first one and I can make another too, so would you. :drinks::biggrin: