Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Second batch of Boiled Linseed Oil & Beeswax

Discussion in 'Sanding & Finishing - Woodturning' started by ThomasT, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Gdurfey

Gdurfey Member Full Member

First name:
    Garry
    Don't know whether to say thank you, informative, or useful!!!!!! Thanks Rocky, appreciate it. This friend has never done anything with it, has thought about candle making, but has just collected it. Will just offer him something in the reasonable area (around your price) and then I can experiment. Thanks!!

2. rocky1

rocky1 Creator of Shavings and Sawdust! Full Member

First name:
    Rocky
    Not a problem. If it's in bigger cakes Garry, you can drop it in the freezer for a day or so and get it good and cold and break smaller chunks off with a hammer and chisel.

Watch your heat when melting. Beeswax melts at about 140 o f, will scorch at around 180-185, and flash point is around 225 if I recall correctly.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. ThomasT

ThomasT Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Thomas
    Hello everyone,

Turned another Crow Call today out of Weathered Maple and applied three coats of the "Paste" and then burnished each coat in with a strip of leather. Tomorrow I will apply the first coat of the "Wax" on it. Just a short time burnishing the first two coats and they get sucked into the wood, not only can I see it but also feel it. I really like the deepening of the color in the wood.

Have a great day,

ThomasT

1912-1.gif

1912-2.gif

1912-4.gif

• Way Cool Way Cool x 2
Current Time: 4:29 AM