Seeking EC Emmerich 711 (Reformed Primus smoothing plane)

Dick Munster-Baumgarten

Reaction score
First name
Dietrich
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum, not sure this if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I'm looking to buy the plane noted in the subject line. Wonder if anyone has a used one that might be up for sale.

Thanks.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Let's start with the howdys and move on up to the whatcha gots...
Howdy, From Crossville TN
The name is Frank.
I build weird crap, remodel other folks houses, and turn a random thingamabob on a lathe. Pictures not presented at this time so you can choose what parts to believe... :cowboy:

Your turn to 'splain what you do. Obviously, you have some woodworking stuffs going on with that specific plane...

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Yes this is the introduction thread. You can't post in other threads until you have 5 post in this thread and become a full member. Tell us about your woodworking interest and what you like to do.
WELCOME! From Michigan. :welcome2:

Last edited:

Dick Munster-Baumgarten

Reaction score
First name
Dietrich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gentlemen thanks for the welcome.

I'm a hobbyist, not much more. I have a general interest in traditional woodworking, and have been at it off and on for the last six years. I've built a couple workbenches, a dresser, and a couple other projects with hand tools.

I try to work traditional wood working projects into my home renos (e.g., planning to stick some wood mouldings for a bathroom I just did, building some trays and shelves for corner storage).

Til now I've been working on a shoe string budget, but I've found when I find time to get in my shop (if a corner of my garage can be called that) I'm often missing an odd tool or one the works smooth. I'd like to have a fewer nicer tools and a few more specialized ones to help work more efficiently. Planning to build a set of shop cabinets (try dovetailing the carcass; building frame and panel doors; might do it in a squirrelly grained hardwood).

The reason I'm hunting for the ECE plane so mentioned is that I bought a similar one used sometime ago and liked it very much, more so even than my iron horses. As I'm planning more work that will require a finer smoothing plane I decided to go on the hunt for a used one. This particular plane has the virtue of a somewhat steeper bed angle.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
You have a few more posts till anyone can start the buying , selling, and trading thing. So... any pictures? :taunt:
There are a couple of planes floating in a cabinet or two around this woodbarter sight, just gotta get the doors open... quite a number of traditional woodworkers here.
I am not really one of those. I only have 6 or so planes myself. And mostly use the power tools.
16416781653016391356693652621684.jpg 16416781934015986640372929269754.jpg just pulled this hatchet handle out of a scrap of apple with a tablesaw, a 4 inch grinder, and a random orbital sander.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Dietrich, welcome to the club....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Dietrich, Welcome from South Texas! Maybe @Brink could help you. Tony

Dick Munster-Baumgarten

Reaction score
First name
Dietrich
Well. Challenge accepted. Here are a couple pictures of the dress I built a couple years back. Its made from pine with a combination of mortice and tenons joints in the rails. The sides and front drawer panels are laminated tongue and groove boards. The side frames were dowelled.

Currently it serves as my son's change table.

20220108_204831.jpg

Dick Munster-Baumgarten

Reaction score
First name
Dietrich
Well. Challenge accepted. Here are a couple pictures of the dress I built a couple years back. Its made from pine with a combination of mortice and tenons joints in the rails. The sides and front drawer panels are laminated tongue and groove boards. The side frames were dowelled.

Currently it serves as my son's change table.

View attachment 220557
*That should be dresser.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from Bulverde, Texas! Glad you’ve joined us! Appears you have a lot to offer this group! Chuck

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Welcome Dietrich from central Texas. Good looking dresser. A cool 59 here today= shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Jim