Show me your wood stash

Adam T Dickson

Reaction score
First name
Adam
Welcome to Wood Barter. I for one would like to see a picture or two of that wood room.

I think it would be fun to see other folks' wood collections/stashes/hoards. It seems we all here are afflicted with the same disease, we might as well show it off! I'll get the ball rolling.

Here are some quick and dirty pics of my 'lumber room'. The room is adjacent to my basement, and adjacent to my shop. Ok, the lumber room is really just part of the utility room where my furnace and water heater are, but that doesn't sound nearly as cool. It is a fairly good-sized room. My shop is directly underneath my garage (it is a spancrete garage), and is accessible from within and from outside the house. As you can see, I have a section for blocks, a section for irregularly-shaped pieces, a section for lumber, a section for red oak, and a section for white oak. The red and white oak boards were both milled from trees on my property. The white oak is from the trees removed when I built my house back in 2004, the red oak (the only red oak on my property) is from a tree that came down in a storm earlier this summer. There was a bit of rot about 20 feet up in the red oak, and, as I learned, a family of raccoons calling it home. All the white and red oak is quarter sawn. You can see in the top of the lumber picture there is a shelf where I keep several hundred square feet of my larger sheets of veneer. My long sheets of veneer are kept elsewhere.

Let's see what you've got lying around...

blocks.jpg

irregular.jpg

lumber.jpg

red oak.jpg

white oak.jpg

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Dude....thats like having a store selection.

*Babe...be right back, I need something at the woodstore.
+walks downstairs...
*Hmm. Let's see what I have....Desicions, desicions....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
That's way too organized! Nice stash!

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
nice stash- I am ashamed- You are so organized me- I am a professional wood slob....

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Nice stash and nicely organized!

No pics of my stash are possible right now - should be able to post some up though once I set shop up after we move.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Nice stash and nicely organized!

No pics of my stash are possible right now - should be able to post some up though once I set shop up after we move.
You mean there was more than the stack in the garage?:scare3:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
You mean there was more than the stack in the garage?:scare3:

You didn't see the 20" x 20" x 6' crate on wheels I built to hold the smaller boards - it's mostly full of smaller stuff. That stack doesn't include all the turning stock that was in the basement either. :ponder:

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Nope,didn’t get to see any of that,guess I’ll sit and wait for the pics.:popcorn:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Nope,didn’t get to see any of that,guess I’ll sit and wait for the pics.:popcorn:

You might not want to sit in waiting that long! :sarcastic: It's a whole month before we move. And it'll take a while to get the new shop set up.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I’ve got nothing else going on.:lol2:

Rumor has it you've got a shop to reorganize and try to figure out what you're going to do with a truck load of wood. :coffeenews: That should keep you busy for a while! :sarcastic:

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
There is that I suppose, I do have some work to do on the sleds,you know I guess I do have stuff to do. I will no longer be waiting for your pics!! :lol2:

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
No, NOW it's doubled:
upload_2019-12-3_12-48-11.png

You were going for the 0 x 0 = 0, I'm doing the 0 + 0 = 0