simply WOW on WIP

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the info, I've seen plenty of it at my wood dump, I always thought the dark stuff in the middle was rot/punk

Barry, that dark stuff in the middle is absolutely gorgeous stuff, and it follows up the trunk and is very solid. I did get one last year that was rotted out, and had a big hole in the center. The dark stuff that I saved on one plate is so unusual that a friend couldn't believe it was natural. You have to get several pieces and give it a try... Your only disappointment will be in the smell from the wet stuff, but goes away after it dries, in about a week. ............. Jerry

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Old woodturners staple bunches of bandaids all over the shop yeah. Crotchy old cajun.

Robert, in the flint knapping world, the common theme is that "Bandaids are for sissies":taunt:. But in woodworking, when ever there was blood, a tourniquet and a trip to the local hospital was more appropriate than a bandaid. This old Cajun doesn't have any in his knapping bench, but I do have a few on my desk just to keep my wife happy. ........... Jerry (in Tucson)

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
BandAids??? Isn't that like them new fangled blue towel and electricians tape repair thingies? :whatever:

Working with sticky stuff day in day out, you wash your hands a lot, and I have yet to find a BandAid that will hold up to being wet repeatedly throughout the day. A corner off a shop towel and electrician's tape on the other hand, stand up to a WHOLE LOT of abuse. Not necessarily pretty, not always as comfortable, but it's tough!