Site issues . . .

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Ok- what the hell is the puter dunderhead doing wrong- avatar req. say it should be 200x but when I try to load this or this it is too big.

DSC_0046 - Copy (2)ss.JPG

DSC_0046 - Copy (2)sss.JPG

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have no idea what you're talking about. :greeting:

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
Adam - Thats a very informative update that is much appreciated. After reading this about a dozen times, I guess we are lucky the things we perceive as hiccups aren't full blown heart failures. What comforts me most is that we have someone with this kind of insight in our corner. Honestly I haven't seen anything that would qualify as alarming or dysfunctional, but if you can make us better I'm all ears. If there is anything you need my assistance with let me know. Thanks for being here to support us.
Scott

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Adam, thanks for taking the time to explain that to our members. FWIW to everyone, I had absolutely no clue he was going to even post. In fact, I asked him not to post on the forum quite yet, but I am glad he decided against it. Sometimes the people you ask to help know better than you, and this is certainly a good example of it. Thank you Adam. I really need the kind of help you are giving me right now. For you woodworkers I have an analogy you can all relate to. You know how effed up the power tool industry has been for decades with buyouts happening so fast, even people within the companies themselves sometimes have no clue who is going to pay their rent next, and as a customer forget about getting reliable parts. That's the way it is now happening in the hosting business. It's probably going to get worse before it gets better.

Thanks again Adam for making this post. No way I could have attempted to explain it like you did. I think I said things like "It's complicated but . . . "

:hi2:

bluedot

Reaction score
First name
Dan
I have noticed that some threads are not in the new posts. There is a post in woodworkers completed projects named Turkey box calls is latest example I noticed. If this has been addressed or I missed it sorry but I was just curious.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
If you have just made a reply in that thread, then it will not be in the new posts link...you need to go to the right side where it says recent posts. and click that. then it should show up...

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
I have noticed that some threads are not in the new posts. There is a post in woodworkers completed projects named Turkey box calls is latest example I noticed. If this has been addressed or I missed it sorry but I was just curious.
Dan - We'll take a look

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
Rip's moving faster than me as usual. He is correct and I did not catch that you were looking for your replies in "New Posts"
Exactly what Rip said...

bluedot

Reaction score
First name
Dan
I do not have a recent post button on the right. I remember seeing it before but do not have it now. Thanks for the quick reply. The link does not show at all in my new posts(even on the origination time and date) is this because I replied to it?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
The page should look like this...

http://i.Rule #2/w4Qnhg0.png

Recent posts in the circle...

Or if you have the default page on, then it looks like this...

http://i.Rule #2/iIgUrif.png

Recent posts in the circle...

Last edited:

bluedot

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Thanks "I see said the blind man" I really appreciate the fast response and help

Dan

ghost1066

Reaction score
First name
Tommy
Hope this is where this goes. When I come here my system stalls out sometimes for minutes because of a query script that is running. I finally get the dialog box asking if I want it to continue. Don't know if this is an issue for others just thought I would pass it along.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I don't use FF to view WB but I use it for PP, banking, and live streaming. Have you tried disabling for woodbarter.com the way I show here? You won't get any popups on this site that aren't part of the forum functionality so it's okay to disable. See if that works . . .

ABP.jpg

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Are you connected by wifi or direct connection line into the pc?