Smoking Pipe - Challenge

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
I might have missed it but what wood is in @Lou Currier pipe?
I am not certain but I had initially thought it to be a Florida rosewood species but after finishing the pipe I doubted that. It has similarities to the monkey pod that I get around here but did not smell like either while turning. Grabbed it out of my cutoff bin.

Last edited:

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Wow, this group never ceases to amaze me; great entries so far!!

@Barb I'm glad to see Alaska finally legalized oregano. I hope you enjoy it, both in your pipe and on your pasta :wink:

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
^That is a sneak peek alright. This is a payper view show and I demand a refund because I was expecting a 12 round bout- instead I see one round bout! Lol.

I am now wondering- you sure you posted the right photo on the right thread? Is this suppose to be in a build thread or in the wood id section? You are going to get hell from you know who because you didn’t do what should have done per :deal:

Last edited:

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
It's going to be a great big wooden bong with glass insert. What Marc showed is the bottom side of the base that will sit on the table.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
It's going to be a great big wooden bong with glass insert. What Marc showed is the bottom side of the base that will sit on the table.
Unfortunately no. It's not a great big wooden bong. But thats an interesting idea....

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
Is this one of those @Kenbo builds where we keep guessing until you figure out what you're making? Or, is this a @Brink build and you just give the initials of it like APCMB and we have to keep looking while you futz around with hand tools?

Jeez! Build you stuff. Post up a wide angle pic so @Tony Can zoom in on every detail of the shot already.

:sofa:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Is this one of those @Kenbo builds where we keep guessing until you figure out what you're making? Or, is this a @Brink build and you just give the initials of it like APCMB and we have to keep looking while you futz around with hand tools?

Jeez! Build you stuff. Post up a wide angle pic so @Tony Can zoom in on every detail of the shot already.

:sofa:
Hmm...no...but thats a neat idea!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Ok. This is done. I'm happy with it. I may need to make another one but hollowed out and have an actual lid to hold stuff like a turned box and not a pipe. I had a blast making it and it was fairly easy.
Here's the worlds first can pipe made out of spalted maple with a tulip wood tab....

0305211318_HDR.jpg

0305211317_HDR.jpg

0305211317b_HDR.jpg

0304212032a_HDR.jpg

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, now that is WAY too cool and unique! Awesome job!

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Ok. This is done. I'm happy with it. I may need to make another one but hollowed out and have an actual lid to hold stuff like a turned box and not a pipe. I had a blast making it and it was fairly easy.
Here's the worlds first can pipe made out of spalted maple with a tulip wood tab....

View attachment 204583

View attachment 204584

View attachment 204585

View attachment 204586
I'm pretty sure everyone is going to feel the same as me so just wanted to say I have immensely enjoyed all of these challenges!
The different styles everybody comes up with, the banter back and forth and the finished products. WELL DONE ALL!!
SEE WHAT I MEAN!!