Smoking Pipe - Challenge

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
^Stoopid islander see what that is- that is a real can of wood with grain. Not some whatever “alumiwood” you picked up from the dark streets of Honolulu tossed out by a vampire and a street walker......I mean a dog walker. You were walking your dog to head into the nearest ABC store correct?

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
^Stoopid islander see what that is- that is a real can of wood with grain. Not some whatever “alumiwood” you picked up from the dark streets of Honolulu tossed out by a vampire and a street walker......I mean a dog walker. You were walking your dog to head into the nearest ABC store correct?
Arn, Arn, you are so far off base here. Surely everyone knows by now Don does NOT live in Hawaii. He's really a 13 year old kid in Nigeria with a laptop stealing wifi from a government building!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Ok. I have a pipe stem coming in on order. I'm also going to try to make one or 2 from some pen blank stock I have.
Hopefully get started on it tomorrow....

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
Arn, Arn, you are so far off base here. Surely everyone knows by now Don does NOT live in Hawaii. He's really a 13 year old kid in Nigeria with a laptop stealing wifi from a government building!
Not this again. What is it with tiny Texans that believe in such nonsense.

2869c56240b52ada4a9ebd8ab678d7fc.jpg

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Barb, 3 pages in, only one serious picture, do you ever feel you never had control?? Nope, wasn’t going to say you lost it, with this group.......have a wonder evening my friend.
Just wait until everyone has a working pipe.... especially as most have said they don't smoke tobacco, wonder what everyone will be testing their pipes with..... :cool:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I have a steam chamber so I can work with that. Might even try to make it out of wood just to try and bend. You guys will feel purdy silly if my initial template entry "turns" out becoming wood. I'll feel like the Shaq in the latest general commercials.

Uh oh... Looks like the Don has some skunky smelling stuff for that can....

Gonzalodqa

Reaction score
First name
Gonzalo
Interesting, this is something I could participate in because it does not really require a lathe. Unfortunately, the woodshop is closed due to the corona situation.
I already want to see the results and see what are the woods used

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
I think as far as materials it should not only be limited to wood. Antler and bone has been around long before all us in pipe making

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
I'm not sure where I'm headed or exactly how I'm going to get there, but at least I'm off the couch!
Will be interesting to see just how many attempts this one takes :scare3: :haggle:

Polish_20210224_144731702.jpg

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think as far as materials it should not only be limited to wood. Antler and bone has been around long before all us in pipe making
It’s not limited to wood, it just needs to be made on a lathe. :)

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still need to get a couple of items finished before I can even start.