• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Smoking Pipe - Challenge

wombat

Reaction score
First name
walter
Don't trash it! But yes the main requirement is a lathe. I believe that was established back when they first started doing these challenges in the turning forum. I'm sure we'd all love to see what you made though. :)
haha oops! nobody said I was good at reading rules. :)

tocws2002

Reaction score
First name
-jason
Not sure about the veneer but some of those thin strips at 1-8 thick and 3/4 wide would be nice.

Sorry for the delay on responding, I never got notification of your post so just now seeing it. If you still want some veneer I can put an envelope or box together for you, what length would you want the strips?

-jason

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Challenge makes me think of a friend of my dad's when I was growing up. After a few drinks he would usually lite his pipe and say. "I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't swear. G&# d+& it I left my pipe at the bar".

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Nice block of wood Barb! That's going to look great!

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
I think I'm going to stiple the front. Need to come up with something to cover up that inclusion that still shows up.

IMHO- if you want aesthetically cohesion and continuity, I would create a “dialogue” on the pattern
of the volcanite stem that reminds me of transition from Art Noveau to Art Deco. You bring the “shark” theme in, then you commit to narrating that with the other component parts to fit the story. Just saying and my 2 cents.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Had to get a new buffing wheel to wax my pipe. Kudos to the Classic Nib, aka Arizona Silhouette, For super fast shipping. Realized Friday that I needed a new one, ordered, and it was in my mailbox on Monday :good2: