***Sold***Pheasantwood Bowl Blank

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
I've got a bunch of these pheasantwood blanks right now, but particularly like this one despite all the defects...maybe because of the defects! It is clearly a piece from a crotch or area with several branches coming off of it. Displays what must be windshake or some sort of void on one side and checking throughout. I sealed everything completely with CA and poured extra down the checks, but stabilising would be a good idea before turning. Stunning grain. Any whiteness in the pics is from the CA glue drying. Seems not fully seasoned. I got it from a farmer who had cut it on his land and he had just sort of left it out. How long, I don't know. No bugs present. 30$ plus international shipping. Sizes are marked in CM on the piece. Last pic is unsealed just to see it.

DSC_1060.JPG

DSC_1059.JPG

DSC_1057.JPG

DSC_1056.JPG

DSC_1061.JPG

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Byron I am interested in this but can’t make out the dimensions. Can you give those to me?

Last edited:

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That, by the way is very cheap for pheasantwood. The bigger void is the reason I'm selling it cheaper. Most of the blanks I just had milled all came from the same tree/trees and all of them have some amount of weathering, voids or checking.