Some new quackers

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
Just finished up a few new duck calls. Left to right are purpleheart, osage, gaboon ebony , bloodwood, and east indian rosewood.
Some driftwood for a background and some more blanks cooking in the oven.
Randy BF Blanks (2).jpg

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Really nice. Love that background piece.
Got any friends along Lake Wallenpaupack in the Poconos? They dropped the water 20' so feet to do dam work. The shoreline / beaches have gone from 15'-50' feet to more like 100'- 175'. Lots of sinker drift wood / trees/ shrubs and sadly trash.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Got any friends along Lake Wallenpaupack in the Poconos? They dropped the water 20' so feet to do dam work. The shoreline / beaches have gone from 15'-50' feet to more like 100'- 175'. Lots of sinker drift wood / trees/ shrubs and sadly trash.
Have any pics of the shoreline now? Looks like a beautiful lake with “normal” shoreline. Probably some real treasures being revealed! Chuck

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
Have family all through the area just west of there but I was just admiring. One of the things I like most about drift wood is finding it myself. Every piece has a story. Been known to go over the side of the canoe and disappear into the water on camping trips up north. Came home from Puerto Rico with half a suitcase full...
My son walks the muck field when they do that to our lake here. Always comes back with treasures.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Just finished up a few new duck calls. Left to right are purpleheart, osage, gaboon ebony , bloodwood, and east indian rosewood.
Some driftwood for a background and some more blanks cooking in the oven.
RandyView attachment 217196
Do you put a uv protect on your quacker whistles? I know a couple of those tend to lose color. Or is that how they kno when to come buy another one? :taunt:

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you put a uv protect on your quacker whistles? I know a couple of those tend to lose color. Or is that how they kno when to come buy another one? :taunt:
Nah, most folks I know, don't leave them sitting out in sun too much, but rather in their huntin vest or inside their jacket.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Have any pics of the shoreline now? Looks like a beautiful lake with “normal” shoreline. Probably some real treasures being revealed! Chuck
No pictures out of respect to property owners. I could have likely cropped things, just not a common thought with my flip phone in light rain.