Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Some veneer G-man

Discussion in 'Veneering' started by barry richardson, Sep 12, 2015.

1. barry richardson

barry richardson Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Barry
    @gman2431 I cant find the original thread but here are pics of what I have that might work for you, these are full size or close to full size 4'x8' paper backed sheets. I have other stuff but it is non figured, cherry, ash, white oak, etc.... and quite a bit of small pieces with cool figure. but this is what I have that might meet your specs. First is Wenge, dont know why the pic is washed out, it is actually much darker, like Wenge, this piece is actually true wenge color, google for an accurate color.
    20150911_134222.jpg
    This is maple veneer with some light curly quilty figure
    20150911_135255.jpg
    Nice curl on this one, don't know what it is, possibly satin wood or anigre

20150911_135441.jpg
    This stuff below has by far the most figure, I believe it is tamo ash, but as you can see, the sheets are laid up with smaller book matched squares. Cut into long narrow strips, it would loose the effect and look kinda random. I bought this stuff at auction and hurriedly stashed it a few months ago, I though there was a lot more full sheets of primo stuff that it turned out to be when I pulled it out yesterday. You wont hurt my feelings a bit if you don't like it, but just following up...
    20150911_140057.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. gman2431

gman2431 Member Full Member

First name:
    cody
    The one that is possibly satin wood is about perfect. How wide and long are the strips that make up a full sheet?

Thanks for digging this stuff out!

3. barry richardson

barry richardson Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Barry
    I will measure the sections when I get back to the shop on Monday, but Im guessing around 8". that piece is a just over 7" long...

4. barry richardson

First name:
    Barry
    @gman2431 hey Cody, I finally remembered to measure the strips on the veneer your interested in. 7.5" wide....

5. gman2431

gman2431 Member Full Member

First name:
    cody
    Thanks! I will pass this along to my buddy. I'm guessing it will work great. I'll get back with you soon.

Current Time: 4:47 PM