Sorry Arn......

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
WOW Wayne @FLQuacker that is nothing to be sorry about and nothing on that is boring! That looks amazing and it is good to see you build another! Spit out some specs. and love to see your son put this tele in it’s phases. Glad to see you back!

Arn

P$- that Mike guy @Mike1950 as I have been saying, he has some gorgeous quilt and @cionow777 and @Mike Hill needs to come down to aisle 7 to see this beauty as they also picked up some guitar goodies from him- that is something to look forward too.

Last edited:

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW Wayne @FLQuacker that is nothing to be sorry about and nothing on that is boring! That looks amazing and it is good to see you build another! Spit out some specs. and love to see your son put this tele in it’s phases. Glad to see you back!

Arn

P$- that Mike guy @Mike1950 as I have been saying, he has some gorgeous quilt and @cionow777 and @Mike Hill needs to come down to aisle 7 to see this beauty as they also picked up some guitar goodies from him- that is something to look forward too.
Getting a set of Duncans..Broadcaster has been great in the last one.
2 piece body from a board of ash I've been saving!
Maple neck
20210926_185356.jpg

Last edited:

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
Gorgeous grain on that ash and the SD Broadcaster is an excellent classic choice.

Can’t wait to see what wood material you go with for the neck (1 piece or 2 piece) as well as the neck profile. The pick guard selection will be fun and interesting: black, tortoiseshell, clear, brown anodized, yellow-brown tort (check out Prince Madcat Tele)…….

Last edited:

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
Wayne, here is another pick guard idea and this is that “hybrid” going against the typical blackguard shape where it typically extends to the horn. The first model I have seen this hybrid telecaster* pick guard was on a Fend*r Merle Haggard. What this does visually is to afford you to highlight more of the quilt pattern on your top rather than concealing it as it has less surface area- that is if you want to use a solid pick guard instead of a transparent acrylic/lucite/fiberglass material. Basically the hornless became a “nub” or a “shoulder strapless” like on a gown. The curvature swoop as you can see originates at the bass side has been minimized and terminates at the bridge front and aligned with the open “b” string. Yes, it will hide that diagonal wiring route for the neck to bridge connection. The pick guard is available in many colors and there are custom pick guard companies that will do custom shapes as well as long as you send them a template or a drawing to scale of your design. Of course you can always buy a sheet and fabricate your own custom pick guard.

AFC657CC-A16F-43C2-8CB8-4B27EA51ED19.jpeg

Oh, let’s make this fair and here is a photo below of a standard tele pick guard with a transparent acrylic to show you the difference in size of the above and how it looks on a transparent ash top……

2742AF85-3F97-427A-9FBB-C6496811183C.jpeg

Last edited:

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Arn213

I really like that hybrid style, I've seen them and think I have a template that I found somewhere....electricherald maybe. Showing that horn figure using that style will add a lot. I should stop routing that diagonal wire path, i think I can hit the control cavity with a 1/4" auger bit. Thats the only thing that turns me off for a clear guard. I like the cream color and that hybrid guard! IMG_20210927_185214_013.jpg