Sorry guys (and gals) but this is my favorite woodworker!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
We have a huge Tallow tree in our back yard. One was working on a beach at the very top of it for 2 weeks solid!
20210410_110902.jpg

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
I think I have one of his Aspen pieces. If not his I assume a close family member. :ponder:

E57A3131-F24F-4F4B-8996-8DF5B73C9510.jpeg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I used to have 20 acres of wooded land, I had a breeding pair of pileated woodpeckers on my land. Sometimes their calls sounded like laughter. Beautiful birds, mine where very elusive and did not like to be seen.

Last edited:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
We had a couple at the lake that were working on a dead tree about 20' from deck. Could care less we were there. Used to people. Over a foot tall they made some chips.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
We don't have too many of the usual woodpeckers here. Once in awhile I see a downy and we have the red-bellied sapsuckers. Our most common is the northern flicker. They beat faster than any other woodpecker and love to find hollow metal fixtures like street lights or the fire place hood and then rap on it like crazy to impress the girls.

northern flicker close up.jpg

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Yep, they love my fireplace. I just wish they could get some rythm in their pecking. It would be be more enjoyable. ...... Jerry (in Tucson)

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
We don't have too many of the usual woodpeckers here. Once in awhile I see a downy and we have the red-bellied sapsuckers. Our most common is the northern flicker. They beat faster than any other woodpecker and love to find hollow metal fixtures like street lights or the fire place hood and then rap on it like crazy to impress the girls.

View attachment 209564
Used to pound on metal cover on fireplace.