Sorry to complain

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
But I am getting dropped in the middle of posting. Dropped this AM - checking alerts- trying to leave a like. Is it just me or????

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
:rofl::rofl:Yep just you. Probably just an old computer you are using

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
I haven't had any issues with WB, Issues with other sites though. Wonder if some of the ISP's are having issues....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Dropped? As in disconnected from the site?

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dropped? As in disconnected from the site?
Dropped as logged out. It has been doing it for a few days- today is worse but Ironically for the first time in a long time I got notified of PM. Go figure!!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Well....this is going to sound like a dumb question Mike , but on the log in area do you have the box checked off to stay logged in?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Also... @Kevin upgraded the site software over the weekend so that also logged everyone out...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Well....this is going to sound like a dumb question Mike , but on the log in area do you have the box checked off to stay logged in?

No I do not. But I have not done that for about 2 years. This is intermittent. I post- it logs me out- I like It logs me out. not everytime but 7-8 times today.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I finally started getting email notifications once we upgraded but now I cannot shut them off and my email fills with WB alerts. :headbang:

Mike I don't have a clue why it would do that. Keep me apprised if it keeps it up and I'll holler at Matt if it doesn't stop. I think he will likely say there's nothing on this end that can cause it but I don't know for sure.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I finally started getting email notifications once we upgraded but now I cannot shut them off and my email fills with WB alerts. :headbang:

Mike I don't have a clue why it would do that. Keep me apprised if it keeps it up and I'll holler at Matt if it doesn't stop. I think he will likely say there's nothing on this end that can cause it but I don't know for sure.
I will did not say anything before-figured it would go away, but I am having a hard time with it today.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
It's most likely on your end since no one else is having the issue. Have you cleared your cookies and started from scratch? That sometimes chases the gremlins off.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
No I do not. But I have not done that for about 2 years. This is intermittent. I post- it logs me out- I like It logs me out. not everytime but 7-8 times today.

Ok...then click it to stay logged in. If that doesn't work, do like kevin suggested and clear your cookies...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Ok...then click it to stay logged in. If that doesn't work, do like kevin suggested and clear your cookies...

I had a lot of trouble staying logged in before- I will pass on that solution.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
One thing I have noticed in the last few days is that, even though I check the stay logged in box, I have to re- log in each time I visit the site

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David

It sounds like Woodbarter is trying to tell you something...:sarcastic:

MattW

Server Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I think I know what the issue is. Since I moved the site to my server, I enabled IPv6. This seems to be causing a few issues, because your IP address changes frequently. This causes you to get a new cookie.

I've disabled IPv6, so that should hopefully fix the issue
image.png

MattW

Server Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Matt
You can't just turn them off. You can disable any future notifications from new threads, but anything you are already subscribed to, you need to manually un-subscribe to them