Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Southern African Woods

Discussion in 'Useful Woods of The World' started by Mr. Peet, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Mr. Peet

Mr. Peet Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Mark
    I just got a shipment of books called "Southern African Woods". These hard covered books are 8.5 inches by 11.25 inches by 0.9 inches think. The first 69 pages are similar to Eric Meier's book 'Wood', with wood ID information along with some logging adventures. The next 159 pages cover 140 wood producing species from southern Africa. Each book is autographed by the 3 authors.

I have 3 leather-bound Collector's edition copies remaining, the last three of a limited number (I believe 50). I have 17 discounted books, for wrinkled corners on the covers during shipping and 20 standard. If you are interested, I will follow-up with a cost breakdown as well as the percentage to directly benefit the WoodBarter site.

Thanks, M.R. Peet...

• Like Like x 2
  2. barry richardson

barry richardson Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Barry
    I would be interested in one of the cheapest version....

3. Mr. Peet

Mr. Peet Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Mark
    Now available, Southern African Wood (ISBN 781920217587, Briza Publications, Pretoria, RSA), authored by IWCS members Stephanie Dyer, Danielle James and Barry James. It is a fully illustrated guide to the properties and uses of wood from 140 southern African tree species. A handful of leather bound collectors editions remain for $168.50 plus shipping and handling and the standard hard cover books are $57.57 plus shipping and handling from Pennsylvania. A 20% discount is available to IWCS members. Additionally, several book covers were damaged in transport. These will be discounted and made available upon release approval by the publisher.

Any copies purchased on wood barter will have 10% of book cost donated back to the site.

050.JPG

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
Current Time: 6:46 PM