Spalted Maple Burl and Bighorn sheep.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
sheep horn is cool- I have one from late 1880's Mont- Great great gramps. had it since I was 6.

LSCG

Reaction score
First name
Zane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks guys!

Mike, that's really cool that you have your Great, great Grandfather's Ram!

Chuck, the Bighorn was really easy to work with. pretty much the same as Merino or some other kind of horn.

LSCG

Reaction score
First name
Zane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
that was a big Ram Mike! bet it would make a nice set of grips! :sofa: in all seriousness it's awesome you have that keepsake. Must have been a lot of fun hunting back then. Seeing country only a few had ever seen before.

Thanks Jim!

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
that was a big Ram Mike! bet it would make a nice set of grips! :sofa: in all seriousness it's awesome you have that keepsake. Must have been a lot of fun hunting back then. Seeing country only a few had ever seen before.

Thanks Jim!
Yes, great great gramps came to Mt. In 1860 +-. He went to Ca. In 1850's. Had a ranch, hotel and ferry on missouri river. Canyon ferry dam flooded it. He packed up his wife in 1890's and went klondike. Had to be in 60's. Stayed for 2 yrs and went back to Mt. I keep telling Kathie we need to follow in their footsteps. I will be polite and not repeat what she says about the whole thing. She things camping is staying in a 3 star hotel......

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Yes, great great gramps came to Mt. In 1860 +-. He went to Ca. In 1850's. Had a ranch, hotel and ferry on missouri river. Canyon ferry dam flooded it. He packed up his wife in 1890's and went klondike. Had to be in 60's. Stayed for 2 yrs and went back to Mt. I keep telling Kathie we need to follow in their footsteps. I will be polite and not repeat what she says about the whole thing. She things camping is staying in a 3 star hotel......
His brother was in Mt.. early also, he had worst luck with the natives than Cap did....

20180917_142327.jpg

20180917_142341.jpg

Little bighorn...