Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Stabilized Spalted Hackberry scales

Discussion in 'Wood For Sale' started by sleevecc, Jun 11, 2018.

1. sleevecc

sleevecc Wood Junkie Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Steve
    Stabilized Spalted Hackberry
    4-7/8x2x3/8+
    $25.00+ shipping

IMG_20180609_194657.jpg

• EyeCandy! EyeCandy! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. phinds

phinds Moderator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Paul
    Steve, I don't think that explicitly violates any rule but it goes somewhat against the spirit of the forum because it opens up the possibility for a mix-up. It's VERY unlikely, I think, but it is physically possible that someone could pay the invoice at the same time that someone else here was posting saying that they are ABOUT to pay the invoice. I think it would be cleaner if this were just first come first serve in the thread with no chance of any confusion.

Even worse would be if someone expressed interest in the normal way for the forum and while they were waiting for your reply, someone else paid the invoice.

LATER: Steve I have taken the liberty of modifying your post so as to make it completely in line w/ forum standards.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    Steve, I agree with Paul wholeheartedly on this. I will during the course of the day see something I want, state that in a post, then pay for it when I get home from work. I think that's fairly common. Tony

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Karl_TN

Karl_TN Member Full Member

First name:
    Karl
    Steve, Clicking on the invoice in order to know the price might hinder your sales. Consider posting the price on your post here.

Questions: How much stronger does stabilizing make these thin end-grain boards? Do you have a preferred product for stabilizing?

-Karl

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sleevecc

sleevecc Wood Junkie Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Steve
    Karl, for instance this wood not being stabilized was not usable in anyway. Once stabilized it pretty much becomes more acrylic like more so than wood and usable, it will also shine up very well,, the pics I am showing are only sanded to 100 grit. I use Wsresin for stabilizing. Does it become as solid as say if it were length cut? Im sure there is still an over all difference but its not much.

• Informative Informative x 1
Current Time: 4:26 PM