SWAT 2023

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Just got the email that SWAT vendor registration is now open. Anyone gonna be a vendor?

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As long as fuel prices stay around where they are now I will. Getting ready for Fredericksburg at the end of the month

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
I live in Tucson, which is one of the two states that are the hub of the Southwest. I've always been curious why Swat, held in The midsection of Texas is called the South West Association Woodturners symposium when it really should be called Mid Eastern Association of Woodturners, "MEAT" abbreviated. Below is a map, but it kills my notion of MEAT as Texas is considered as being in the South.

I'm going to try to make it this year. I have the resources to do it, but I'll wait for awhile before I make the plunge. Other issues could come up that could put a damper on this endeavor. ................. Jerry (in Tucson)

1677780383732.png

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
I live in Tucson, which is one of the two states that are the hub of the Southwest. I've always been curious why Swat, held in The midsection of Texas is called the South West Association Woodturners symposium when it really should be called Mid Eastern Association of Woodturners, "MEAT" abbreviated. Below is a map, but it kills my notion of MEAT as Texas is considered as being in the South.

I'm going to try to make it this year. I have the resources to do it, but I'll wait for awhile before I make the plunge. Other issues could come up that could put a damper on this endeavor. ................. Jerry (in Tucson)

View attachment 238778
Methinks it really should be called Texas Association of Woodturners, or "TAW". I agree with you that the Southwest really has a different connotation! Chuck

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm...may do it. What's the name and I'll look it up

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Time to revive this, it's getting close y'all!

JonathanH

Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
I'm looking forward to attending SWAT 23 as my first woodworking event. It will be a learning experience and will be cool to meet some of you.

tcarltonw

Reaction score
First name
Travis
Tried a quick Google but nothing came up. Someone mind filling me in? There is a wood working event in Fredericksburg, TX??