Swat again

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
As some of you already know, I've purchased a space at SWAT this year. It's my first time for anything like this, so I'm a little apprehensive about a couple things.

But, above is not what this post is about. As a lot of you already know, I have a couple inventions for wood turning. I've had the patent on one of them since July, 19, 2016. It's relatively unknown or just ignored by most people until they actually see it in use.

What I would like to do is ask any and all persons on this board that is going to attend SWAT to bring one of your turnings that still has a tenon on it to remove it there. If it's permissible by the SWAT staff, I would let you remove the tenon from your piece with my guidance and equipment. None of you would be under any pressure or obligation to purchase anything from me. My offer is to have more people get exposure to my tools, and maybe mention it to someone who's been looking for a better or easier way to help in their turning.......

@Tony, I think I read in some other posts about SWAT that all WBr's meet up at a particular place. Where would that be?? And when?? ............... Jerry (in Tucson)

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
Working on #2 now. I will be there just haven't been there on Friday night till this year.Look forward to meeting you and others . It is always a good crowd with lots of tools and wood available along with great demo's.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Jerry, we get together for dinner on Friday night instead of attending the fish fry. Haven't settled on location yet, @ironman123 has been scouting around since it's his town. It will be somewhere close by the convention center.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tony, I was asking if there is a place at the convention center where we might all gather and introduce ourselves.......... Jerry (in Tucson)

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
It's not that big, I'm guessing we will find each other quickly. I think all of us will find your booth pretty quickly and gather there.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Just say we can all meetup at your booth at 6... that should work
That'll work for me. Can't wait to meet up with you guys. I've already met Tony and Wendell, and George, but there are new people also. .............. Jerry (in Tucson)

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
Will check my schedule, try to be off that afternoon.
Mrs wants to come too— like last time.
For sure will come your booth, may or may not have something to turn.

Last edited:

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
@Tony as far as the two places downtown 1. To far to walk from Convention Center. 2. Parking downtown in the evening is not all that safe and would still be few or more blocks to walk. 3. Guess it is back to you and your "swanging" place. Just isn't much around close and easy to get to other than all those on the square.

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
@woodman6415 is that 1800 hours Friday evening at Chisholm Hall, at Jerry's booth? Gotcha bud. My wife will be in the blue 6 wheeler and I will be in the red 4 wheeler.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
The place we've gone to the last 3 years is Crickets, right there by the convention center. I'm going to call them and see if we can get a room by ourselves or at least get a table put together for us. Stay tuned! Also, @JR Parks said he would scout around and see what he could find.

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Sounds good Tony. I am sure we will all enjoy it. A room would be nice if they have it.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
So Jerry, you get to go to SWAT and I go to Alaska and get to freeze my marbles off, followed by 6 days of seasickness. One day I will learn to shut my mouth and visit you instead.
Rgds,
Crocy from Down Under.

Richard, there is still time to come here instead. I guarantee you won't freeze! :texas:

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Richard, there is still time to come here instead. I guarantee you won't freeze! :texas:
Richard, you need to ponder Tony's suggestion and get your butte out here. you only have 15 days to get your plans in order... hehehe............ Jerry (in Tucson)
So Jerry, you get to go to SWAT and I go to Alaska and get to freeze my marbles off, followed by 6 days of seasickness. One day I will learn to shut my mouth and visit you instead.
Rgds,
Crocy from Down Under.
If you stayed in the air or a vehicle while traveling instead of getting on a boat, in a cold place, your marbles would be OK, and you would only have to be concerned about jet lag, or drivers like me. When it gets too hot for you to deal with, come out here and cool down. You will always be welcomed. ................Jerry

arkie

Reaction score
First name
Jim
I hadn't known there was any activity for WB at SWAT. I will be there again this year, even doing a couple demos on bottle cap and stamp pen blanks. No vendor booth, but interested in meeting up if I am free.

Jim

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I hadn't known there was any activity for WB at SWAT. I will be there again this year, even doing a couple demos on bottle cap and stamp pen blanks. No vendor booth, but interested in meeting up if I am free.

Jim

Jim, you are more than welcome and hope you do meet up with us. Friday night dinner is probably the best way to catch all of us together at one time. Tony

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
I took a gander at the SWAT website but could not make heads or tails of it. Is SWAT open admission or do you have to get a table to attend?