Reaction score
First name
David
Even the buckets are bigger in Texas...

Echoashtoreth

Reaction score
First name
Sarah
I don't know that ive ever seen a 7 gal bucket and i about as Texan as u can get... u sure that aint some weird metric bucket? :watchingyou:

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW ok here's a size comparison of buckets. I was mixing up some tanning solution one day and determined that these hold right at 7 gallons. Originally they contained chlorine tablets for my son's pool.

But what about the gumballs? LOL

1600918759175.png

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
I had a sweet gum in my yard at my last house. You couldn't walk barefoot in the yard because of those gum balls. I hated that tree.

Mlyle

Amateur Woodturner
Reaction score
First name
Michael
This is a sweet gum tree story..

We had a windstorm here about less than a month ago and fires here in Bonney Lake,,,, pretty darn scarey I tell you...
luckily I was prob about 3-5 mi from it.....Or a bunch of hills away from me....Smokey as all get out ...the power was out for a day and a half.....I think the altitude here at my place is prob 600 ft above sea level.
For about 4 days it was not safe to go outside.. so when finally the smoke cleared a bit it was still really warm out
I think 90 ....an thats really hot for Bonney Lake.....The fire then was said to be 20% contained....
They are saying it is 95% contained now..
Any way I could drive over a hill real close to me, an then drive down a bit on the other side of the hill
and I could see the the helicopters dropping water on the fire ...

Any way I had a Sweet gum tree story......There is about A mile of sweet gum trees lining a street near me...just a block
away...and a big branch was blown down............It was so smoky out I did not get over to cut it....It was a limb about
7 ft not real big tho maybe the largest part of the branch was 4-5 in... when the smoke cleared.......no sweet gum for me.....said the tree nazi..........haha

Oh a couple of our neighbors lost their homes..........Fire is so god awful.......!!!!!!

We always think ....It can't happen here....!

take care all ,,,mucho love

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
I'd like to try my hand at casting a few of those. What are you asking for in trade?

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Rocking RP and @Barb got their medium flat rate box of sweet gumballs heading out to them!! Got enough for 1 more box. Actually there's a bazillion of them falling behind the fence but those aren't dried. Anybody want that last box

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
Got mine today and I'm looking forward to casting them. Thank you! It was so cool because I forgot they were coming and it was a like an early Christmas. :)