Table dancer

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Table Dancer....... pretty clever, huh? :wink:This is the 4th I've made using this technique, I'd like to say they are getting easier, .....but not much. shaping starts with the bandsaw, then an angle grinder with a Kutzall disc, then lots of rasp work, then sanding the devil out of it.... first pic is the glued up blank; 3 layers of 3/4 baltic birch, with about an inch of cuban mahogany on each side. 39"tall, poly finish.
20190902_161315.jpg IMG_0061.jpg

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
That's fantastic Barry!

I can't imagine the amount of sanding that goes into that.

The display along the back wall is quite impressive as well! I'm sure everyone would love to see a better picture of your collection if you don't mind.

TMAC

Reaction score
First name
Tim
That really is incredible. How do you even think this stuff up. Nice job!

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Wow, Barry. Even though you gave a short explanation, I don’t see how it’s done. Beautiful!

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
That’s a beauty, Barry! I love the flowing curves, and that mahogany is especially nice!

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
That's fantastic Barry!
I can't imagine the amount of sanding that goes into that.

The display along the back wall is quite impressive as well! I'm sure everyone would love to see a better picture of your collection if you don't mind.

Wow, Barry. Even though you gave a short explanation, I don’t see how it’s done. Beautiful!

That’s a beauty, Barry! I love the flowing curves, and that mahogany is especially nice!

I love reading these great post where everybody uses your(my) name to answer. Makes me feel special!!

LOL Great work Barry

Barry

Last edited:

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
Nothing to add to what's been said. Can't imagine being able to think of something like that much less make it.