♫ εηdεd ♫ Texas Persimmon for casting

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
I have a few pieces of Texas Persimmon (Diospyros Texana)- ebony family very fine grain and dry. As is typical in this wood the heart (black) is the pith gone. these pieces are 3/4 thick 7 or so long and 3-4 wide. This could be ok for casting but I am not a caster so..... @Bigdrowdy1 has first shot as he asked for some a while back. IMG_0583.JPG

Last edited:

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
Jim I don't cast( not yet) but Man thank you for thinking of me. I guess this is open to anyone else who does cast. As per your pm let me know what kind of calls you use.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Jim, if its dry, could I buy a sample or two off of you? I'm looking for a solid sample to finish at 3"x6"x 1/2" thick . Even if its all sapwood with just a streak of black would work...As for trade, not sure what you would want. I have some 'Brazilian pecan', Cordia americana flooring cut offs rips and other and some 'Tualang', Koompassia excela flooring 12" shorts. Both T&G, 4" wide. So lots of pen blank stuff. Some 'Buart nut' turning stock, 2"-4" and some 'Bradford pear' similar sizes. Did you have anything in mind?

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marc,
Be glad to send you some. Air dry for 3 or so years. I sent a pm for your address Jim

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Thanks Jim, let me know what you would like in exchange. Doing some house cleaning, so hope to start posting several woods for sale. If you see something you want, let me know.

Thank you.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Well, its here. Our mailbox was taken by the state plow truck Tuesday or Wednesday, so no mail for a few days. We got a box back up now and see what showed up. Thanks Jim, very pleased, plan on letting Paul take a few pictures if he wants. I see some figure on the one end. Pictures don't really show it, 2nd pic.

150.JPG 151.JPG

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Jim...got the pieces :thanx2:

Now what to do? Have the first pen laid out and will turn it next week...:foto: To follow.

Last edited: