The paddle

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Keven sent me some wood to see what a paddle would look like in FBE, it is one of my most prized possession now.

FBE and Milo
@Don Ratcliff,

Just curious what kind of finish you put on this paddle, and to know how well has the red flame has lasted? Mind posting a new pic of this paddle?

-Karl

Last edited:

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Not only does that finish sound like a lot of work, I'm thinking all the required solution parts sounds expensive. Did you brush or spray on the finish?

Don Ratcliff

Tinkering on something
Reaction score
First name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not only does that finish sound like a lot of work, I'm thinking all the required solution parts sounds expensive. Did you brush or spray on the finish?
I brushed it but you can use a different part 3 for spray. With the price of it there is less waste to brush. Altogether it's about $8.00 an ounce but its a great finish.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I brushed it but you can use a different part 3 for spray. With the price of it there is less waste to brush. Altogether it's about $8.00 an ounce but its a great finish.
Yikes and they do a whole boat with it???

whitewaterjay

Reaction score
First name
Jason
I guess on a boat you don't want to have to put the finish on again anytime soon, so it better be top shelf!

Beautiful paddle btw! Might have inspired a use for the 4/4 FBE I have in the basement!

Don Ratcliff

Tinkering on something
Reaction score
First name
Don
I guess on a boat you don't want to have to put the finish on again anytime soon, so it better be top shelf!

Beautiful paddle btw! Might have inspired a use for the 4/4 FBE I have in the basement!
By inspired do you mean send it to me to build a paddle? Cause that could work just fine...

:sofa:

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
@Kenbo is going to be building cinder blocks for the next 10 years, he don't make no boats.
That's a little unrealistic. It's not going to take 10 years.....9 maybe......but definitely not 10.

Don Ratcliff

Tinkering on something
Reaction score
First name
Don
If you go up the creek you wont be without a paddle. Beautiful work!!
I was really hoping you were going to ignore rule #2 and just bring a really nice knife. This is very disappointing to see your compliment.

Thank you Robert.

robert flynt

Reaction score
First name
Robert
I was really hoping you were going to ignore rule #2 and just bring a really nice knife. This is very disappointing to see your compliment.

Thank you Robert.
Well, I didn't wont to hurt your feelings by saying the paddle is to big and the handle might break with hard use! How's that? I really hate to disappoint.

Don Ratcliff

Tinkering on something
Reaction score
First name
Don
Well, I didn't wont to hurt your feelings by saying the paddle is to big and the handle might break with hard use! How's that? I really hate to disappoint.
Helloooo ladder Damascus!

Last edited:

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
Speechless - ok - WOW - no not near enough -
Speechless again - alright let’s try
SMOKING HOT- close but not right -
Abundantly Impressive - no no no -

SPEECHLESS!!!

Don Van Dyne

Reaction score
First name
Don
Every time I open this forum I find the most unique, beautiful pieces of art I have ever seen. This one is the best yet! I absolutely love the way you positioned the flames on the paddle, just awesome!