The paddle

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Keven sent me some wood to see what a paddle would look like in FBE, it is one of my most prized possession now.

FBE and Milo

@Don Ratcliff,

Just curious what kind of finish you put on this paddle, and to know how well has the red flame has lasted? Mind posting a new pic of this paddle?

-Karl

Last edited:

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Not only does that finish sound like a lot of work, I'm thinking all the required solution parts sounds expensive. Did you brush or spray on the finish?

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not only does that finish sound like a lot of work, I'm thinking all the required solution parts sounds expensive. Did you brush or spray on the finish?
I brushed it but you can use a different part 3 for spray. With the price of it there is less waste to brush. Altogether it's about $8.00 an ounce but its a great finish.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I brushed it but you can use a different part 3 for spray. With the price of it there is less waste to brush. Altogether it's about $8.00 an ounce but its a great finish.

Yikes and they do a whole boat with it???

whitewaterjay

Reaction score
First name
Jason
I guess on a boat you don't want to have to put the finish on again anytime soon, so it better be top shelf!

Beautiful paddle btw! Might have inspired a use for the 4/4 FBE I have in the basement!

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
I guess on a boat you don't want to have to put the finish on again anytime soon, so it better be top shelf!

Beautiful paddle btw! Might have inspired a use for the 4/4 FBE I have in the basement!
By inspired do you mean send it to me to build a paddle? Cause that could work just fine...

:sofa:

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
If you go up the creek you wont be without a paddle. Beautiful work!!
I was really hoping you were going to ignore rule #2 and just bring a really nice knife. This is very disappointing to see your compliment.

Thank you Robert.

robert flynt

Reaction score
First name
Robert
I was really hoping you were going to ignore rule #2 and just bring a really nice knife. This is very disappointing to see your compliment.

Thank you Robert.
Well, I didn't wont to hurt your feelings by saying the paddle is to big and the handle might break with hard use! How's that? I really hate to disappoint.

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
Speechless - ok - WOW - no not near enough -
Speechless again - alright let’s try
SMOKING HOT- close but not right -
Abundantly Impressive - no no no -

SPEECHLESS!!!

Don Van Dyne

Reaction score
First name
Don
Every time I open this forum I find the most unique, beautiful pieces of art I have ever seen. This one is the best yet! I absolutely love the way you positioned the flames on the paddle, just awesome!