• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

This art ceases to amaze me!!!

aag562

Reaction score
First name
Anthony
I just discovered flocking for the first time I know most of you guys know what it is but I'm just putting it up here for the newbies like me to discover it. , it's a way to add a layer of felt to the inside of bandsaw boxes bottom of coasters basically whatever you want to cover up with a little bit of layer of felt pretty. It's probably smarter people in me on here that can explain it a lot better. 20210312_134238.jpg 20210312_134242.jpg

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Looks like a messy job. :sarcastic:

Wildthings

ASTROS 2021 SEASON 88-61 FINISH STRONG!!
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Flocking is really cool. I didn't buy the gun. I just use a clear plastic ketchup squeeze bottle. A different one for each color. Then I do my flocking inside an open top cardboard box so I can recover all the excess flocking back to the bottle.

1615603399199.png

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Looks like you forgot to put on painter's tape so you would avoid visible spillover to the edges

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
Looks like you forgot to put on painter's tape so you would avoid visible spillover to the edges
I've had that same problem even when using the painter tape. It soaks under the tape at those edges and does that. Now I make sure to seal the wood well before flocking

tomwilson74

Reaction score
First name
Tom
I’ve used a lot of it. I don’t tape anything anymore, I also only flock the inside of the drawer. I buy the flocking online and the paint at walmart. It’s much cheaper that way, compared to woodcraft or Rockler prices.

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
I’ve used a lot of it. I don’t tape anything anymore, I also only flock the inside of the drawer. I buy the flocking online and the paint at walmart. It’s much cheaper that way, compared to woodcraft or Rockler prices.
Which "paint" are you buying from WalMart?