This is a beautiful thing, thank you all.

Jordan Pisowicz

Jordan Piso
Reaction score
First name
Jordan
So it's been some time since I was last in tune with all of you within this amazing collective. For the past year and some change I have been occupied and employed by a choice myself and 3 of my old coworkers made to start our own company building custom wooden furnishings.
The company has mad potential in the current market but due to mismanagement and unsettleable differences/attitudes as well as a few other factors I need not mention, It seems that it may be coming to an end in the near future. Poor attitude and a negative outlook in general is Toxic, but having too many chiefs is mostly what it comes down to. And ego/pride, of course.
Myself and one other of the group plan to keep the shop space and maintain production for the time being, just to sustain income but not under the company name.
My gut has told me since around the time we were starting up a year ago that though im a worker who loves being in the shop and truly enjoys the craft, that I AM 100% capable of starting and running a successful business. In addition my older brother has been doing sales for me in his spare time (he's a beast) and will continue to bring work towards us.
I plan to get my garage at home cleared out and wired up as a woodshop over the course of the next month or two to start figuring out how to make and start making the shift to MY seriously downsized, transitional woodshop. But beyond running power and getting the hoard of wood out, the only big items I need to check off to be operational are a planer and a good orbital sander.
I will say that this past year/attempt has been terribly enlightening and educative and even though it wasn't financially very profitable, I wouldn't trade it for anything. You can't buy experience like that.
So anyway, maybe cheesy but I believe it to be true that a quitter never wins and a winner never quits. So here goes attempt Number 3 at making a carreer out of what I love. Through a positive and loving attitude I plan to succeed in life and pursue my calling which is WOOD!
I am grateful to know that I have found my medium of expression and am starting to find my true self and purpose in life. Eventually I will be in a position to give some back to the world and lately I find myself wondering how could I do so in a creative and original way?...
My first intended way of doing so is acquiring various plots of land in various urban locations (especially neighborhoods in cities that are in decline or in poverty) and after cleaning up, planting a multitude of trees on them in aim of creating more nature and hence more opportunity to experience nature for people who may not even realize that their lives are lacking it. The land would be donated to the city on condition that it stay a public park permanently.
This idea is just an idea, just a thought, just an expression, a vision, but what's more important is that it's a possibility. A potential reality... For eachother, ourselves and our children. I am hopeful and will stay so.
I invite and urge anybody and everybody who reads this to come up with and share their own idea(s) of ways to give some back to the community and to the world through our passion for and our pursuit of WOOD!
Thanks for reading this long post and for having me back in this awesome network of wood enthusiasts and each of their respective knowledge. It's a beautiful thing.

Sincerely,
- Jordan Piso

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome back from California! Love it when a plan comes together, and it sounds like you are on the way! Will take a lot of determination, but I'm kind of thinking you don't give up easily! When you get a chance, please post a couple of pics of your work for us. Chuck

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Jordan, welcome back to the club....
I like your idea....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Jordan, sounds like you have your hands full but are ready for the challenge with a great idea! Tony

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Howdy Joe, all respect for hanging in there..... Ive been in the "too many chiefs" scenario a few times.myself...

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
WELCOME BACK! From Michigan :welcome2:
Great returning intro, a positive attitude carries us a long way in life. Businesses rarely work with partners, especially multiple partners.