Tiger Curl Silver Maple for Oneway Easy Core

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
@Karl_TN
Here is a screenshot of the UPS simple rate sizes and price. I have to print from here. The local UPS store didn't even know about it until I went in and said they didn't have the option on their system.

20201217_132724.jpg

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Shipping is expensive unless you are big like Amazon. I know as soon as I cut a block to fit a 12” x 12” box then someone else will want the longer block for making musical instruments. Unsure what to do except not get carried away cutting up the larger blocks up. Anyway, I need to look into the UPS box because that sounds competitive with USPS LFRB rate.
You can package your own sizes with ups. One of mine was 64 inches long... just remember they round up

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Eric Rorabaugh, @2feathers Creative Making ,

If I understand correctly then I can use any type of packaging as long as I can keep it under 1 cubic ft and no more than 50 lbs, right? If so then that sounds like a better dealt han USPS. The closet UPS drop location is about 15 miles away so that doesn’t help any.

Last edited:

Reaction score
First name
Frank
@Eric Rorabaugh, @2feathers Creative Making ,

If I understand correctly then I can use any type of packaging as long as I can keep it under 1 cubic ft and no more than 50 lbs, right? If so then that sounds like a better dealthan USPS. The closet UPS drop location is about 15 miles away so that doesn’t help any.
Right. I packed a queen size headboard in 2 boxes ... my drop site is 30 min away. I just send out on fridays.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Nice curl- I would cut to blank size or post chunks at a price. Fed ex is very competitive with USPS if you do the math.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
@Karl_TN
Here is a screenshot of the UPS simple rate sizes and price. I have to print from here. The local UPS store didn't even know about it until I went in and said they didn't have the option on their system.

View attachment 206835
Our 2 local UPS stores were quick to inform us that the internet pricing does not apply to all stores and like McDonald's, each franchised store has the right to honor or not corporate advertisement. Neither of our stores have the option at this time.

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Our 2 local UPS stores were quick to inform us that the internet pricing does not apply to all stores and like McDonald's, each franchised store has the right to honor or not corporate advertisement. Neither of our stores have the option at this time.
For that, you may have to set up an account and pay ups online then just drop the package. I believe that method puts the 12 inch cube at 30 bucks