Timber Framing workshop in NC

Jim_Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Jim
To all:

I've been asked to teach a timber framing workshop in New Hill, NC. And I have accepted the invitation.
The class is being hosted at a business in New Hill, NC. on July 14th to 18th. The host's name is Scott.

Scott has an air conditions shop and wants/needs a tack room for his wife's horse stuff.
So he offered to host a workshop so that I could teach others in his area "how to timber frame."
We'll be cutting parts in southern yellow pine to construct a 12' wide by 16' long frame, including sills, floor joists, posts, tie beams, braces, plates, rafters, collar beams and we may even make the pegs.
Once the frame parts are cut, if we get them all done, we'll erect the frame, depending on Scott having the necessary foundation supports ready.
If it isn't ready we may raise a bent or two, so that everyone can see how it's done.

Right now I have three registered students.
There is room for more, up to eight.

The cost is $100 per day for the 5 day workshop to be held July 14th to 18th, 2014.

If you want to sign up you need to make a commitment to the workshop. A commitment means a deposit.

There are several ways you can send me a deposit.
You can mail me a check to the address below in my signature, made out to Jim Rogers.
You can paypal me if you have a paypal account to this email address.
If you want to pay by credit card, over the Internet, I can create an invoice you can pay by credit card. It comes from paypal but you don't need a paypal account to pay it.
If you want to pay by credit card, over the phone, then you can call me during regular business hours, 9 am to 6 pm Monday through Saturday, and I can take your credit card info over the phone and process your deposit.

For my records, I'll need your address as well, which includes street name and number, city, state, and zip code.

If the class gets canceled for any reason on my end, your deposit will be return.
If you cancel your registration within 14 days of the workshop, you will forfeit the deposit.
If you cancel outside of 14 days 90% of your deposit will be returned.

I'll forward you a list of tools needed for a workshop.

Also, any registered student, gets 10% off the any tools purchased from us over $50, as we will be sell timber framing tools there as well.

Please, let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you. Feel free to ask.

PM me or email me if you wish to discuss this more.
Thanks

Jim Rogers
Jim Rogers Timber Designs
Vintage Tools NE
Jim Rogers Sawmill
117-R Jewett Street
Georgetown, MA 01833-1833