Time for an adult beverage

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
A very hoppy IPA I helped make!

20161208_200629.jpg

A much more technical and time consuming process than I imagined. Very cool, but I prefer sipping it to making it.

Featured with some of Rodney's goodness!!

Last edited:

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
A very hoppy IPA I helped make!

View attachment 118241

A much more technical and time consuming process than I imagined. Very cool, but I prefer sipping it to making it.

Featured with some of Rodney's goodness!!

A local IPA that is outstanding. I doubt you have it down there but look for it anyway. (Or I'll send you some) Made in Westchester county. So hoppy you can smell the field being harvested. Without a doubt the best IPA I ave ever had.
IMG_3235.jpg

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
A local IPA that is outstanding. I doubt you have it down there but look for it anyway. (Or I'll send you some) Made in Westchester county. So hoppy you can smell the field being harvested. Without a doubt the best IPA I ave ever had.
View attachment 118495
I'll definitely be on the lookout - I love a good IPA, though with the weather turning I'm leaning more towards a good porter or stout (or scotch).

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Not sweet. Maybe even a tad harsh. I'll try a drop, but only one, of water next time.
I had a taste of Laphroig Quarter Cask tonight. Only 48%, but I think it requires a decent splash of water to be at its best. Some do.

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
I had a taste of Laphroig Quarter Cask tonight. Only 48%, but I think it requires a decent splash of water to be at its best. Some do.

Henry, try one or two, literally, drops of water vs a decent splash. It may surprise you.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
That honey stuff is crazy yummmy...

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
@Tom Smart
20161223_200224.jpg

Had a group of close friends we haven't seen in a while over so brought out a pair of 21 year olds. The lagavulin cork had gone bad, so had to strain it into a decanter. Cask strength @>56% so definitely in need of h2o, but top shelf for certain.

Last edited:

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
@Tom Smart
View attachment 119107

Had a group of close friends we haven't seen in a while over so brought out a pair of 21 year olds. The lagavulin cork had gone bad, so had to strain it into a decanter. Cask strength @>56% so definitely in need of h2o, but top shelf for certain.

Is that Aberfeldy also a 21 yo? And an engraved Lagavulin bottle! Quite a healthy dram as well. All that and great friends. What else is there?

Last edited: