To all the wood you loved before

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Imagine a cross between Julio Iglesias and Willie singing this.

To all the wood I've loved before
Who traveled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this thread
To all the wood I've loved before
But had to leave behind! (that's a Lil Mikey edit.....)

We've all seen wood that we've seen, drooled over, and possibly caressed (maybe only Lil Mikey does this), but couldn't do nuttin' else 'bout it. Either wouldn't be sold, too 'spensive, too big to load - or just as simple as MOMMA say'n NO!

Here's one of mine: (I'll add more) 20' 2" long, avg 45" wide and 3" thick (I think - Lil Mikey had tears in his eyes and could not make out the tag very well) and CURLY! H. E. double hockey sticks it's bigger than Lil Mikey's messyjunkashoparage.

What about your long lost wood loves?

1631305520179.png

Last edited:

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Well, only if you are planning to build a conference table to seat 30-32 members in rotation/per session for a monthly wood addiction meeting. I mean you would qualify to sit at the head of the table as VIP just cause you probably at the very edge of the spectrum. There are 6,800 plus members here. Should we set you up a “Lil Mikey” GoFund Me “Wood lust” page because .50¢ to $ 1.00 contribution should get it done. But, you have to provide the TN barbecue……….coffee………TN whiskey………..

Last edited:

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
Now that tune's gonna be stuck in my head all weekend long... :mad:

If that giant piece of (Black Walnut?) got your goat, you should never to to Condon Lumber in White Plains NY. Or to the woodshop at the shipyard in Mystic Seaport CT.

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
Hmmmmmm -( rubb'n my chin fur)
That appears to be a flame redwood conference table slab? It probably weighs about 460-500 pounds. You know that thing is porous like a sponge and it will require a ton of finish to get it leveled flat. You might want to add that to the cost, plus we need 30-32 chairs. You can sit right at the top of the table where the crack is and will make sure we “butterfly that up for you”. I just know how “Lil Mikey’s” brain works and will probably keep staring at the crack with the butterfly stitch as you get bored through the course of meeting- probably b*tching in your head why it was done that way :sarcastic:

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
where's the blue lighter for scale?!

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Well, only if you are planning to build a conference table to seat 30-32 members in rotation/per session for a monthly wood addiction meeting. I mean you would qualify to sit at the head of the table as VIP just cause you probably at the very edge of the spectrum. There are 6,800 plus members here. Should we set you up a “Lil Mikey” GoFund Me “Wood lust” page because .50¢ to $ 1.00 contribution should get it done. But, you have to provide the TN barbecue……….coffee………TN whiskey………..
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this thread

I'd replace 'this thread' with 'to this throng'

It has a sound, and being throng can imply people or animals, it reflects those that are here...

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
An otherworldly slab. Not at all small, but did not get measurements - Lil Mikey's tape had rusted shut with all the drool.

1631541977651.png

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now that tune's gonna be stuck in my head all weekend long... :mad:

If that giant piece of (Black Walnut?) got your goat, you should never to to Condon Lumber in White Plains NY. Or to the woodshop at the shipyard in Mystic Seaport CT.
Never heard of Condon Lumber, but Mystic Seaport is on my short list of where to explore very soon. I just wonder if they would let Lil Mikey into the states up there!

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
C’mon Lil Mikey, you can do better than those two slabs- ask your “vice enabler” to show you the “really good stuff” he is hiding and not out for public view. Every place or shall I say everyone has a secret stash. I bet you want to see what the rarer pieces they have and the most expensive pieces. Hey, but don’t give it away with and give them an idea that you are a “Trust Fund Baby” and have some sort of lineage royalty, “Sir Lil’ Mikey”! :nodice::sarcastic: